KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
181 - 186 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
I went with the clear Ermax screen, I was thinking about tinting / blacking out the bottom portion but so far I’m really happy how the clear “blends in” went for a test ride there was a decent wind out and felt there was a noticable change, the Screen makes a calm pocket of air about shoulder high, seems to create a smooth flow of air around the rider. And made riding into a head wind at highway speed a lot more comfortable.
Looks really nice! Have you tried it at night? I ride a lot at night in totally unlit conditions and my black Ermax scattered too much light and that's why I sprayed the inside matte black and did one other small mod. It's fine now. I'm agreeably pleased with the wind protection at open highway speeds too.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Looks really nice! Have you tried it at night? I ride a lot at night in totally unlit conditions and my black Ermax scattered too much light and that's why I sprayed the inside matte black and did one other small mod. It's fine now. I'm agreeably pleased with the wind protection at open highway speeds too.
I don’t ride at night, too much large dumb wildlife around . If I ever get caught out at night I’ll stuff a tshirt in there to block the headlight reflections. I was considering using a “tint” spray product sold for darkening turnsignals etc to “smoke” the lower end of the screen, but I’m happy as is for now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Interesting read here on windscreens....I just picked up an 890, trading in my 390 ADV and if you have one or are familiar with the notorious buffeting issues with it , as well as the 790/890 ADV, there are pages and pages of discussions looking to solve the front end wind mgnt issues.

Naturally I was glad to finally have clean air riding a naked but wanted to relive a little wind blast on the chest. I have a few wind deflectors and even a 890 ADV touring screen lying around so I jerry rigged a $15 amazon special his am and was pleasantly surprised by the effect.

I will run with it for now and clean up the attachment to be more secure but so far so good. Its very stable and deflects a good amount of air away from my chest. here are some pics.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Plant Vehicle Fuel tank Motor vehicle Hood
Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2019 KTM Duke 790
10 Posts
Hey guys.
I followed this thread about windshield options and reviews. Finally, I decided to order the Ermax 32 cm (a bigger one, without a cutout at the top middle section) in light black color from speedmax.biz (Europe).
Installation was easy, the only thing that was a bit hard is to get the black screws into the rubber insert. I had to push at the bottom part of the rubber upward to reach the bolt the threaded part.
Other than that it was easy.
I did not test in long distances yet, but for short runs, it feels like the air is moved to the upper chest, and much more consistent, laminar. Not feeling that turbulent air anymore.
Here are some pictures:

·
Super-Member
668 Posts
I'd love to test the difference between your Ermax and mine. I have the gap in the middle and feel like it lets the wind cut to the chest easier than it would if it were filled in. I'm 6'4" though, so it probably wouldn't matter!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Interesting read here on windscreens....I just picked up an 890, trading in my 390 ADV and if you have one or are familiar with the notorious buffeting issues with it , as well as the 790/890 ADV, there are pages and pages of discussions looking to solve the front end wind mgnt issues.

Naturally I was glad to finally have clean air riding a naked but wanted to relive a little wind blast on the chest. I have a few wind deflectors and even a 890 ADV touring screen lying around so I jerry rigged a $15 amazon special his am and was pleasantly surprised by the effect.

I will run with it for now and clean up the attachment to be more secure but so far so good. Its very stable and deflects a good amount of air away from my chest. here are some pics.

View attachment 7716
View attachment 7717 View attachment 7718
Hey
Monza_dh

where exactly did you bolt that ? behind the instrument cluster? did you make your own bolt? are you still using this amazon screen and if so how much does it take the wind noise out?

thanks

181 - 186 of 186 Posts