KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

Registered
I put the Duke 790 Leo Vince lv10 twin pipes on mine about a month ago. I wanted the Spark it twin system, but the Leo Vince was like 1/3 the price 馃槄. It fits perfectly, but the flow seems to have aggravated the low speed fueling issues. It's noticeably surgyer than before, though it could just be my bike. It was a little surgy before the exhaust. I'm probably going to have to invest in a booster plug or Coober or something.

Attachments

Cry Baby
Damn. I took the DB Killer out of my Wings can yesterday morning before going for a ride. This morning I decided to put it back in. While putting the screw back in it fell off of the allen wrench and disappeared into the innards of the can.

I guess I'll leave it out. Not really too loud, and has a nice deep tone, especially on overrun. I can get another screw if I want to put it back in. I hope the old one doesn't damage anything rattling around in there.

Registered
I love the look of the spark but not the complication of multiple exhaust. I've always been an SC_Project fanboy on my prior bikes but from other threads, these look to be extremely loud once the cat is removed.

I want to plan for the future and go catless eventually. What is the opinion on the MIVV stainless? I like the look and they seem quieter. Anyone running the MIVV stainless 790 variant on an 890 yet?

Registered
Remus Hexacone slip on fits great on the 890R. Bike runs as stock and it has a removable DB killer.

Cry Baby
Damn. I took the DB Killer out of my Wings can yesterday morning before going for a ride. This morning I decided to put it back in. While putting the screw back in it fell off of the allen wrench and disappeared into the innards of the can.

I guess I'll leave it out. Not really too loud, and has a nice deep tone, especially on overrun. I can get another screw if I want to put it back in. I hope the old one doesn't damage anything rattling around in there.
I wrote to Gorazd and naturally he responded right away. He suggested using a magnet, which I had already tried but he told me the screw & washer would be right at the lowest point of the end cap...

With a strong rare earth magnet, I could hear first the washer and then the screw snap against the inside of the CF cap when I held the magnet against the outside at the lowest point. Then worked it up the side to the hole, and they came out!

So I went to install it again... dropped the screw inside again.

I chilled the hex wrench and the screw & washer, then put a little dab of grease on the head of the screw to hold it in place. Then I was able to get it at the right angle and screwed it in.

I like it fine with the DBK in, so I will leave it in. I have a Coober Power Kit arriving Friday, so I hope it will be a great match with the Wings!

Registered
I wrote to Gorazd and naturally he responded right away. He suggested using a magnet, which I had already tried but he told me the screw & washer would be right at the lowest point of the end cap...

With a strong rare earth magnet, I could hear first the washer and then the screw snap against the inside of the CF cap when I held the magnet against the outside at the lowest point. Then worked it up the side to the hole, and they came out!

So I went to install it again... dropped the screw inside again.

I chilled the hex wrench and the screw & washer, then put a little dab of grease on the head of the screw to hold it in place. Then I was able to get it at the right angle and screwed it in.

I like it fine with the DBK in, so I will leave it in. I have a Coober Power Kit arriving Friday, so I hope it will be a great match with the Wings!
Just keep dropping more screws in. Eventually it will sound just like a Ducati dry clutch and suddenly you'll be the cool kid on the block.

Registered
Does anybody have the wings exhaust on their 890R? Or a good video / audio clip of it on the 790?

I鈥檓 between the wings and the akrapovic - I want something with a deep rumble and, with DB killer removed, louder than the stock exhaust. Not insanely loud, but a good bit louder.

Any good video / audio would be appreciated or other exhaust choices I may have overlooked

Registered
'20 890R
Discussion Starter #30
Buy an SC1 for a 790 with Removable DB killer then put it on your 890.
I did order the SC1 for the 790, from their website. Hopefully it wont take long until they ship it! Can't wait to put it on!

Does anybody have the wings exhaust on their 890R? Or a good video / audio clip of it on the 790?

I鈥檓 between the wings and the akrapovic - I want something with a deep rumble and, with DB killer removed, louder than the stock exhaust. Not insanely loud, but a good bit louder.

Any good video / audio would be appreciated or other exhaust choices I may have overlooked
@NordicOrange has one on his bike, check out his post Scandinavian 890R + build video

Registered
'20 890R

Have the wings on mine and really like it. Louder than stock without the dB-killer, but not so loud that my neighbors will be calling the police.

Have not got around to make an actual exhaust video, but there's a startup and take off clip at the end of my build video

Registered
This is very similar to the MIVV can I ask a favor a and get a full side profile and one from the back?
Yes, agree it is very similar looking to the MIVV. With db killer in it is about the same volume as stock but with a deeper tone. With the db killer out (the way I always run it) it is louder but not obnoxious.

Reactions: EEL

Registered
I did order the SC1 for the 790, from their website. Hopefully it wont take long until they ship it! Can't wait to put it on!

I ordered one when I bought my 890R almost 2 mos ago and MotovationUSA keeps saying they have no idea when they'll get it to ship. Frustrating but I'm thinking of cancelling and going with something not Italian thinking their factories might not have been shut down due to Covid-19.

Registered
'20 890R
Discussion Starter #34
Ordered directly from SC Project. They had it ready for shipment a week after order. However, I am on a two week hike so I asked them to delay the shipment so FedEx won't send it back (they can only hold a package for 5 days at their facility before sending it back to sender).

Should arrive a day before my return!

Registered
I bit the bullet one week ago and bought a MIVV slip on from eBay of all places. $467 US shipped wasn't too bad considering it was shipped from Italy.

Impressively it arrived in 5 days. Installed yesterday. Pics forthcoming. I really like the look compared to the S1 SC project exhaust but if I'm honest, the s1 probably has a bit better build quality.

With the baffle removed the sound for me is just the right amount of loud. I think the S1 would have been too loud without the baffle and not loud enough with.

Registered

I just got done installing the AustinRacing exhaust and Evotech tail tidy yesterday. The exhaust sounds amazing and weighs a little over 5 lbs less than the stock slip-on. I haven't ridden it yet to get the full effect because I tore my bicep off a month ago and am forbidden to do anything but physical therapy for the next 3-4 months...until then I sit in my garage and stare with a cold beer.

Registered
2018 KTM,790 Duke, 2008 KTM RC8, 2008 Kawasaki KLE500
IXRace has a removable dB killer and is one of the best sounding cans around (maybe next to the expensive AR twin system). Inexpensive, easy to fit and light. 5:54

21 - 40 of 50 Posts