KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Took some pics of the 890 today after installation of the Mivv Exhaust and MNNTHBX tail tidy. I feel the exhaust goes really well with the lines of the bike. Sounds loud but bearable. I partly inserted the baffle back in and took a shot from the back in case anyone wanted a reference pic. Its pretty much never going in again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have the wings on mine and really like it. Louder than stock without the dB-killer, but not so loud that my neighbors will be calling the police.

Have not got around to make an actual exhaust video, but there's a startup and take off clip at the end of my build video
Hi ! Did you received a « fake » Db killer also with the exhaust ? Wings mentionned it on its website for EU.

thank you !

·
Registered
8 Posts
View attachment 4994

I just got done installing the AustinRacing exhaust and Evotech tail tidy yesterday. The exhaust sounds amazing and weighs a little over 5 lbs less than the stock slip-on. I haven't ridden it yet to get the full effect because I tore my bicep off a month ago and am forbidden to do anything but physical therapy for the next 3-4 months...until then I sit in my garage and stare with a cold beer.
Hi ! Nice configuration ! What is the model / Size of Austin ? V3 250mm ?
Do you have a video for the sound with Dbkiller ?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi ! Nice configuration ! What is the model / Size of Austin ? V3 250mm ?
Do you have a video for the sound with Dbkiller ?
@Mat13 - good questions.
- As far as I know, it didn't come with a DB killer, but I've emailed AR to make sure. I can't see anything removable in the pipe. I did order it WITHOUT homologation since I'm in the US. I did order the V3 because I felt the shape followed the lines of the bike better than the V1, and it worked out in my favor. I went with the 200mm option, again, personal preference for looks, as well as proximity to the turn signals. As it is now, the turn signal definitely gets warm but I haven't had any extreme heat/melt issues. I've attached a picture of it, but will work to get a video up. Honestly, I was expecting much louder based on videos of the GP1 on 790's on Youtube. My MT07 with a Graves exhaust is louder I believe. Don't get me wrong - it sounds perfect to me, but would like a little louder.

KTM_Upgrades_resized.jpg

·
Registered
2018 KTM,790 Duke, 2008 KTM RC8, 2008 Kawasaki KLE500
163 Posts
@Mat13 - good questions.
- As far as I know, it didn't come with a DB killer, but I've emailed AR to make sure. I can't see anything removable in the pipe. I did order it WITHOUT homologation since I'm in the US. I did order the V3 because I felt the shape followed the lines of the bike better than the V1, and it worked out in my favor. I went with the 200mm option, again, personal preference for looks, as well as proximity to the turn signals. As it is now, the turn signal definitely gets warm but I haven't had any extreme heat/melt issues. I've attached a picture of it, but will work to get a video up. Honestly, I was expecting much louder based on videos of the GP1 on 790's on Youtube. My MT07 with a Graves exhaust is louder I believe. Don't get me wrong - it sounds perfect to me, but would like a little louder.

View attachment 5379
At first glance I thought it was a IXRace slip on.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts