KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
View attachment 5284

Installed the slip on on my Duke last weekend. I was positively surprised of the change they made to the link pipe. Although, it's still an EU version with the smaller DB killer spot welded into the link pipe. Currently has a nice sound with it in, but I don't hear as much, if any, noticeable popping on releasing the throttle like it did with the stock pipe. I might try without the DB killer.
Where did you buy thaat black carbon cover on the pipe? Also any new feed back as to power loss or gain?

·
Registered
8 Posts
+1, Anyone knows where we can find this carbon cover for the link pipe ?

where did you find the dyno charts with the ixrace ?

ty

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Mat,
Look for the akropovic ones on ebay. I got ametal carbon look one for 9.00 because it was perfect size, it gets hotter than carbon but works for me with no problems.
I have the ixrace fitted and left the db killer in the link pipe to give it a bit of back pressure, sounds great standard but the bike is still jumpy, surging a bit at very low speed, not smooth. So I fitted a K & N filter to let it breathe and fitted a booster plug ( this senses the temperature and lowers it through ECU thus supposedly richening the mixture).
It's marginally better but has not got rid of the low speed jitters, like everyone claims.
I have been told, the only way forward would be to now map it.
But, do I take the db killer out of the link pipe before mapping ? Or leave it in and map ? I don't know.
As far as dynos and power loss or gains, I don't read much into it for these bikes. All I know, is that the powerband on this 800 parallel twin is amazing from 40-120mph, is where it,s best. The torque and power to weight ratio allows me to hang on to gsxr s and R1s through most roads, (not in a straight line , obviously) but having had a hayabusa, what a great, agile little bike the 790 is.
If anyone has done a map with just slip on (not full race) , please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Fitted mine today, took the pillion pegs off the other side then realised the mounting bracket for the exhaust is on the pegs on this side 🤪 Ordered a hanger bracket now (y)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Nick ! Did you tried with both dB killer in ?
Hi Mat, No, I left the db top hat in the link pipe and haven't tried taking it out yet. The usual thing is, take baffles out and you might get 5mph on the top end but generally lose out mid range unless you have it mapped.
That's why I asked if anyone had tried and compared. If anyone says to me take out the top hat db killer and it's smoother without losing performance , then I will do it for sure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Fitted mine today, took the pillion pegs off the other side then realised the mounting bracket for the exhaust is on the pegs on this side 🤪 Ordered a hanger bracket now (y) View attachment 5411
Hi Shurm, Def get rid of the pillions , looks a lot better with hanger bracket .
That carbon heat protector looks neat, where did you find one to line up with the original bolt holes ?
I take it its a blank sheild and you may have drilled it ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Nick yeah I was taking the pegs off before I fitted the exhaust as I wanted them off :LOL:

The carbon heat shield came with the exhaust already fitted on !!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm curious to hear it see how it sounds maybe a video if possible I'm thinking about getting the same exact one thank you in advance for your time 😀

41 - 53 of 53 Posts