KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting closer to picking up the 890, want to get a couple of pieces sorted prior to arrival. I have a Yoshi eliminator on my current MT-07 and really like the tidiness of it, but haven't read many reviews of it for the 790. I've seen several on the Evotech (which is a tad more expensive), but the main thing I've noticed is it not being directly compatible with US plates. I will be using the stock turn signals, so that's not a factor. Anyone have experience with the Yoshi kit?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have an EvoTech on the way for my 890, so I'll report when I get it on and tested. I have used the EvoTech ones on other bikes and agree that sometimes I've had to drill extra holes in U.S. license plates or add their additional adapters to make the existing holes work. However in my experience the quality and finish of the EvoTech stuff has been worth the extra effort. Also, yes, I believe it puts the larger U.S. stock turn signal right up near the stock exhaust where it can melt from the heat. In my case I have a set of aluminum Rizoma LED turn signals that are going on instead, plus the Remus muffler I have coming should put the heat source further away so it won't be an issue. From what I have read though, yeah, your concerns are valid. I'll post up my experience and some pictures whenever I get it all together.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The Evotech is great, looks and fits like an OEM part. You can get some simple adapters to fit the plate; see my post here Link

Yes, the plastic turn signal will begin to melt. I chose to install an Arrow exhaust with a lower outlet to solve that problem

·
Registered
117 Posts
However in my experience the quality and finish of the EvoTech stuff has been worth the extra effort. Also, yes, I believe it puts the larger U.S. stock turn signal right up near the stock exhaust where it can melt from the heat. In my case I have a set of aluminum Rizoma LED turn signals that are going on instead, plus the Remus muffler I have coming should put the heat source further away so it won't be an issue.
The evotech look real nice but when I bought my bike i wasn’t patient enough and get the R & G. Yes it will melt down your turn signals with stock slip-on. Look what appended to mine the first time i went on the highway at 140-150km/h(87-93m/h) for 5 min or so. Now i have led signals with the heat deflector that came with the tail tidy( it was too small for the original one) and it seems to be OK so far.
F43C126B-C3FA-4208-A228-84C5E3406C9C.jpeg
9E9DF4F0-B687-475E-A46C-329F608DB288.jpeg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Evotech. Mounted nov. 2018 great fit, form, and function and money's worth for sure especially compared with what they mounted in the shop. Quality exceeds OEM

Our big license plates need some support (alu plate underneath) otherwise they start cracking at the screws over time due to vibration. They also need 4 screws to counter vibration.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Nice - the thing I really like about the Evotech is that it encloses the wiring harness as it leaves the underseat tray. All the other ones I've seen leave it hanging out in the open. I had an Evotech on my 2012 Monster 1100 EVO (RIP) and it was a high quality piece of kit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice - the thing I really like about the Evotech is that it encloses the wiring harness as it leaves the underseat tray. All the other ones I've seen leave it hanging out in the open. I had an Evotech on my 2012 Monster 1100 EVO (RIP) and it was a high quality piece of kit.
It is for sure a high quality piece of kit and does the name "tail tidy" 100% justice :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply and provide insight (and pictures!). I'm a little torn on 2 issues with the Evo, but they are minor. I may try the Yoshi just as a comparo since I've been so happy with it on my other bike. It's nice fitting and extremely tidy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Yoshimura kit, took about 30 minutes to install. If you have more questions or want more detailed pics let me know.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the picture Josh!

"I have an EvoTech on the way for my 890, so I'll report when I get it on and tested. I have used the EvoTech ones on other bikes and agree that sometimes I've had to drill extra holes in U.S. license plates or add their additional adapters to make the existing holes work. However in my experience the quality and finish of the EvoTech stuff has been worth the extra effort. Also, yes, I believe it puts the larger U.S. stock turn signal right up near the stock exhaust where it can melt from the heat. In my case I have a set of aluminum Rizoma LED turn signals that are going on instead, plus the Remus muffler I have coming should put the heat source further away so it won't be an issue. From what I have read though, yeah, your concerns are valid. I'll post up my experience and some pictures whenever I get it all together. "

2 questions on the Evotech - On The Evotech website it states that it won't work with KTM filament bulbs...not sure if that's what is stock on the new 890s, much less the 790. I plan on keeping the stock signals on the 890.

@John San
Also - you reference "their adapters" - do you mean Evotech, or the R&G adapters that L8 mentioned above?

·
Registered
53 Posts
@John San
Also - you reference "their adapters" - do you mean Evotech, or the R&G adapters that L8 mentioned above?
Yes - I was referring to the R&G adapters shown in L8's link. The EvoTech box is on my workbench, haven't opened it yet but if I get it installed this weekend will post some comments.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Already ordered one.
The holes for the number plate screws.
Sorry for my late comeback, crisis here makes things busy :cautious: You won't regret ordering it I'm sure ! The alu plate I mentioned before for support, I also need it as an adapter plate to relocate "the slots" ;) Our license plates are ridiculously big and drilling them is not allowed. Red circles are the slots (countersunk) in relation to the Evotech(in the picture they're still on the old tidy but it's about the same), green ones are obvious..

Good luck in getting it on there, it's a piece of cake :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts