KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel free to move mods if this should be under another forum topic.

Well, anyway, I took the Duke in for its annual service earlier today, 1200 miles only covered due to Covid restrictions, and mentioned to the service guys my issues that the QS isn't working as intended.

I explained to them my issues, mainly absolutely no blip on downshifts and a clunking surge on full throttle upshifts, using the clutch or just rolling off the throttle on upshifts is mucho better, but then this would be the case with any bike.

They asked about what revs I was using, said it made no diff whether full bore shifts or not.

The mechanic / tech (?) said he wasn't sure if there was an auto bilipper on the 790........ I was hoping at least he should know.....

So, can people confirm, does the 790 offer a rev matching blip on downshifts, or is it simply a basic quickshifter, only of use on full bore upshifts, which is hardly any use in real world scenario's if so.

Cheers

John

·
Registered
266 Posts
It's up and down. Don't use throttle for down, it auto-blips and can get a bit confused when you've got some throttle applied yourself. Going up it's fine with part throttle or full.

·
Super Moderator
1,516 Posts
Try to downshift in lower revs. You will notice the auto-blip function. It is very apparent. If you don't, there is a problem.

·
a d m i n .
151,086 Posts
It's been challenging for me to not blip when downshifting with the QS on my CBR SP.

·
Super Moderator
1,516 Posts
I also have it on my manual Camaro SS (not clutch-less, but auto blip on down shifting). Works and sounds great.

As for QS in general, I still find myself using the clutch, both up and down, when shifting. Old school.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.