KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sounds good. Send some pictures when you have it installed. I'm on the lookout for a new exhaust but i have not decided yet what to purchase.

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
446 Posts
I had a full Yosh Alpha on my '17 GSXR1000 - it was insanely loud with the DB killer out but with it in, it dropped HP by 15 and I'm just vain enough to think I needed all 185 ponies on the street. :)

Attachments

·
A d m i n .
151,134 Posts
I had a full Yosh Alpha on my '17 GSXR1000 - it was insanely loud with the DB killer out but with it in, it dropped HP by 15 and I'm just vain enough to think I needed all 185 ponies on the street. :)
It was 185hp at the rear wheel? Nuts! Did the dB killer really drop the noise? I plan on having it in. Sure hope it doesn’t drop much hp for me On the cbr.

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
446 Posts
It was 185hp at the rear wheel? Nuts! Did the dB killer really drop the noise? I plan on having it in. Sure hope it doesn’t drop much hp for me On the cbr.
My '17 GSZX1000 was 185 at the wheel on pump gas yeah.

Took it to my tuner and had the Yosh installed so we did a baseline, a reflash run, then the full Yosh and tune.

Stock it was 159.5
Reflash was 170.8
Full Yosh Alpha and custom tune it was 185.6 DB killer out.
DB killer in it was 169.0 - 1hp less than the stock exhaust if you can believe it.

My tuner said he won't put slip-on's on this '17+ model as they run so hot they melt the insides of the Cat so he'll only tune with em with either the stock exhaust or a full system.

Yes - the noise level was quite noticeable - it's honestly one of the reasons I was happy to get rid of it - it was piercing, and not in a good way as a street bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts