KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any other women in here? Or have you spotted any on 790s? I know quite a few female bikers but none who ride KTMs. Not gonna lie, it’s one of the reasons I was drawn to the bike as I like to be different!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I only know of one when I put mine 790 on order at W Mounter I spotted a black A2 790 had a tag on Sold to Kate later a friend of mine was down at Fowlers motorcycles Bristol looking at bikes and buying a BMW, he was speaking to me about his purchase and said guess what the girl who served us has a 790 from W Mounter. Played on that for a bit
Was it Black ? yes
was her name Kate yep how do you know that
new battery's in my crystal ball
as far as I could gather she did not want a BMW 310

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
We need to drag more people who own 790Ds to here! Both men and women!

Unfortunately in the US I haven't even seen one other person on a 790 at least in MD/DC area. I know though 8 bikes were sold in my area though! They must all be rubbing them with a diaper in the garage instead of riding them!

·
A d m i n .
151,126 Posts
Easiest way to get the message out, is when one posts on any of the three Facebook pages, (or Instagram), or Youtube, just end it with: 790DukeForum.com

The more of a resource, (and fun place), this becomes, people will flow in en mass. :grin:

·
Registered
5 Posts

Unfortunately in the US I haven't even seen one other person on a 790 at least in MD/DC area. I know though 8 bikes were sold in my area though! They must all be rubbing them with a diaper in the garage instead of riding them!
Ditto, have not seen another 790 in east Tennesse or west North Carolina but I have not sat and watched bikes go by all day on the Dragon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
6.8Guy, I'm near Knoxville. Where are you?
Morristown. Usually ride between here and Asheville, 4 hrs in the afternoon is about all I can get in.

·
Super-Moderator
578 Posts
I lived in Charlotte for much of my teenaged years (oh, so long ago)! Great city.
We love it. Moved here 2 years ago after 6 years in SoCal (Thousand Oaks area).

Only thing I really miss from Cali is being 15 minutes away from the Mulholland Snake, the rock store, etc. Canyon riding was much easier. It literally took me a couple of minutes to get on the twisties, as we were living on the north-most part of the Santa Monica mountains, just before you drop down to Camarillo.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I’ve just bought a 790 to share with my wife and that will be used by us both in the UK and SW France Midi Pyrénées :wink:

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
The New Zealand leg of the Women riders World Relay (https://womenridersworldrelay.com/) has just been completed - Canada next. The ride was from Cape Reinga at the tip of the North Island to Bluff at the very bottom of the South Island - some 2200 km by road including an inter-island ferry crossing. It's early spring so the route consisted of a good mix of sun and warmth, gales, torrential rain and snow on the high passes.

One of the Kiwi contingent was Sez Linton on her customised Duke 790 who added another 500 km to get to the start line from home. Before the Adventure version was available, Sez customised her 790 with adventure tyres, higher bars and other bits and pieces so she could venture off road too. Really impressive stuff. Here's a photo of Sez having arrived at the southernmost tip of the south island .

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts