KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
2020 790 Duke
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did about 100 miles this afternoon up in the Sierra foothills. Elevations ranged from about 300 feet up to about 2500 feet. Temps ranged from 47 to 56 degrees.

Cold for me but balmy shorts and flops weather for ya'll up in the northern states.

Today's ride spun up the clock to 564 miles. One more ride this week and it will be 600 mile service time, aka oil and filter change and check all the nuts and bolts.

Have not stopped smiling since I got this bike.

Cheers.

Vehicle Motorcycle Mode of transport Sky Dirt road
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Transport
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Tree
Tree Road Trail Wilderness Woody plant
Mountainous landforms Vehicle Mountain Motorcycle Wilderness
Vehicle Mountainous landforms Motorcycle Sky Mode of transport
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motorcycling Adventure
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

Registered
That looks awesome, thanks for sharing and keep enjoying the ride. I wish we had the roads and scenery like that over here in the UK.

Registered
790 Duke 2020
"Have not stopped smiling since I got this bike."

That's how we all feel (y) 馃槃

Registered
2020 790 Duke
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The scenery gets much better in the spring time.

The grass turns green and tons of beautiful wild flowers.

Flower Plant Wildflower Spring Eschscholzia californica

Registered
Looks a bit like the hills & mountains around me. The fences there are in better condition, otherwise one would be hard pressed to tell the difference.

Was lucky to have this week off and we have had a sunny week, instead of consistent rain. I never think to take a camera (I don't have a mobile phone . nasty things!). Will have to take the car today though - visiting a Brewery - And will NEED to have carry capacity ;)

Registered
2020 790 Duke
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks a bit like the hills & mountains around me. The fences there are in better condition, otherwise one would be hard pressed to tell the difference.
Interesting.
I live in Central California where are you located?

Registered
2020 790 Duke
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Central Spain. West of Madrid in the foothills.
I was just looking on Google Earth. You are right. It looks just like Central California.

Are you a Marc Marquez fan?

I was watching the race where he broke his arm. He is an amazing rider. So fun to watch. Hope he is able to return next season.

Registered
If you want to turn the stock exhaust into a bit more fun remove the cat with the cat delete pipe, i bought a cheap chineese 1 for 拢35 jeez it turns the stock can into a real nice sounding pipe especially when using the quickshifter ! its not over loud either it just sounds so good, if i had not already ordered a LeoVince lv10 twin can system i would of just run it with the stock can and cat delete as it sounds so much better than the LeoVince system.

Registered
2020 790 Duke
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you want to turn the stock exhaust into a bit more fun remove the cat with the cat delete pipe, i bought a cheap chineese 1 for 拢35 jeez it turns the stock can into a real nice sounding pipe especially when using the quickshifter ! its not over loud either it just sounds so good, if i had not already ordered a LeoVince lv10 twin can system i would of just run it with the stock can and cat delete as it sounds so much better than the LeoVince system.
Do you have a link to the pipe?

Registered
2020 790 Duke
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Honestly! - no. But really I'm not a fan of racing. And gave up interest when Kenny Roberts retired.
Though I will admit a deep seated admiration for TT racers. And LeMans is inspiring too.
Small world, I am an old TT and Flat Track racer and in fact even rode a few races with Roberts. That was back in the early 70's before Kenny became widely known.

The picture shows me 101z and Kenny behind me 80y. We were on identical bikes and he did not pass me. This is my only claim to fame...Lol.

Kenny was a funny guy with a crazy sense of humor and arguable the GOAT, greatest of all time.
Motorcycle racer Motorcycle speedway Motorcycle racing Racing Motorsport

Registered
Small world, I am an old TT and Flat Track racer and in fact even rode a few races with Roberts. That was back in the early 70's before Kenny became widely known.

The picture shows me 101z and Kenny behind me 80y. We were on identical bikes and he did not pass me. This is my only claim to fame...Lol.

Kenny was a funny guy with a crazy sense of humor and arguable the GOAT, greatest of all time.
View attachment 5719
Priceless picture that one, brilliant!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.