KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New kit arrived! New kit installed! Im stoked with the new exhaust, it has a nice and deep tone. The cat really cuts a lot of sound levels, my last several bikes have had full exhaust systems, this one sounds more “gentlemanly loud” vs LOUD.

I put a Koso tail light on as I had a few people comment that my tail light wasn’t very bright. upside, I think the angular look of this one matches the bike better.

Lastly I picked up a Nelson Rigg tailbag as I’m old and need to pack all the things all the time. Tools, camera, hat, sunscreen, visor cleaning, dead fish etc...

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have the Rigg tail bag for mine too, it's great. 15-ish years of Scouts won't let me leave without water, granola bars, visor cleaner, knife, spare earplugs, etc. A tail bag is so much more convenient than a backpack in leathers, lol.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the Rigg tail bag for mine too, it's great. 15-ish years of Scouts won't let me leave without water, granola bars, visor cleaner, knife, spare earplugs, etc. A tail bag is so much more convenient than a backpack in leathers, lol.
Ha, yes I’m rocking a very fitted Alpinestars jacket and TechAir system no room for a pair of sunglasses in a jacket pocket!

The weather in BC is so variable that a waterproof jacket and spare gloves also make the trip. I love the look of the solo cowl, but it only has been put on for a couple short rides. Maybe once we hit full summer I will rock the cowl for short rides...

·
Registered
39 Posts
I put a Koso tail light on as I had a few people comment that my tail light wasn’t very bright. upside, I think the angular look of this one matches the bike.
Thanks for the tip on the brake light, i assume same mounting holes as mustard and plug in play is a bonus?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the tip on the brake light, i assume same mounting holes as mustard and plug in play is a bonus?
Sorta, wiring was different but I mapped that out on some paper. So can share that. The mounting studs are bigger and just a bit narrower so a little love on the mounting plate with the drill sorted it out quick. I haven’t ridden with anyone yet to confirm, but my In The garage tests sure looks to be more bright.

·
Registered
63 Posts
New kit arrived! New kit installed! Im stoked with the new exhaust, it has a nice and deep tone. The cat really cuts a lot of sound levels, my last several bikes have had full exhaust systems, this one sounds more “gentlemanly loud” vs LOUD.

I put a Koso tail light on as I had a few people comment that my tail light wasn’t very bright. upside, I think the angular look of this one matches the bike better.

Lastly I picked up a Nelson Rigg tailbag as I’m old and need to pack all the things all the time. Tools, camera, hat, sunscreen, visor cleaning, dead fish etc...

View attachment 7051 View attachment 7052 View attachment 7053 View attachment 7054 View attachment 7055
@Cb750r great set up, well done. Can I ask which size NR tailbag that is and have you found any way to lock it onto the bike so it can't be just unclipped and removed? Also I'm curious about the strap that seems to be under the centre of the seat and tucks into the frame. Is that for a seat cushion of some sort?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@Cb750r great set up, well done. Can I ask which size NR tailbag that is and have you found any way to lock it onto the bike so it can't be just unclipped and removed? Also I'm curious about the strap that seems to be under the centre of the seat and tucks into the frame. Is that for a seat cushion of some sort?
1. It’s the smallest of the 3 might be big enough for a night or 2 on the road if weather is good.
2. No I haven’t there’s 4 quick release buckles so I doubt that will be an easy task.
3. Yes for an air hawk style seat pad I got off AliExpress. I broke a hip socket a few years back and have had some challenges on longer days on the bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts