KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

Windshield Options Out There

153K views 192 replies 74 participants last post by  wil780 
#1 ·
So the new 790 Duke doesn't come with a windshield and you’re stuck up in the wind while riding on long stretches of empty road or highway. That will easily tire you out and rider ergonomics are relatively upright, so your torso gets the full brunt of it.
Are there any options out there yet? Or which aftermarket companies should we keep an eye on?

#5 ·
Screen

Puig shows various screens for the 790Duke, with the New Generation Sport listed as "Under Development" which is reasonably encouraging.

Gear4Motorcycles lists two - a small fly screen and a touring screen (which also looks quite small, but probably helps remove some of the wind-tunnel effect above 70 / 80

Anyone seen any sign that Givi will fabricate their pannier rails for this one yet?

Cheers

#15 ·
OEM Screen Options.

Hi All,have been looking at screen options as well.
If you look on the Official KTM website for the 790 and go onto the"Ergonomics and Comfort" section
and go to the 2 screen options you can download the fitting instructions, these give you a few pictures that give you a bit of an idea what the screens look like on the bike.
Hope this helps.
Ride Safe.:smile:

#17 ·
Barracuda

Glad that the KTM Powerparts windshield wasn’t available (my first choice because cheaper), and I had to order the Barracuda (the best looking windshield on the market at this time imho). https://www.barracudamoto-usa.com/barracuda-kit-ktm-duke-790-2018
The first two images display the Barracuda windshield on a 790 Duke, the two images below show the - not so good looking - original KTM windshield.
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Car Orange

Bicycle wheel Bicycle part Red Vehicle Bicycle

Headgear Costume hat Hat Illustration Drawing

Anime Fictional character Auto part Illustration Animation

#18 ·
I have the Puig clear screen -nathanwt96 says its horrible, beauty is in the eye of the beholder - for me it's ok aesthetically & does a good job of keeping the blast off the body. Nothing is going to turn the 790 into a RT (thankfully). There's a pic below.

HOWEVER I can totally see where 'Jeffolk' is coming from & the Barracuda screen looks pretty good. Does anybody know how it works??

In my humble opinion, if you go to the trouble & expense of fitting a screen it's for a reason & for me that reason is to help those stretches where you are forced to ride at a reasonable pace & constant speed - i.e. motorways/freeways that are sometimes very convenient to avoid built up areas & that take us to the twisty bits.

:kiss:

Attachments

#20 ·
I like the look of the Barracuda screen but only wished it was available in clear or a light tint not the darkly tinted which appears to be the only option.
I have ordered a powerpart screen and see how it looks when I get my bike next week, but I will need a screen.
The Barracuda mirrors are my next consideration, the Italians do design so nice looking stuff.

#78 · (Edited)
If i was to put a screen on my 790, this would be it. Ive had a few MRA's over time, all been well made....I doubt ill fit any screen tho, they ruin the look of this bike. On the Taupo straight i reached 212 kph, piece of piss, just had to tuck into the bike, another guy reached 225 kph.

#26 ·
Mate I can confirm the Puig screen assists with buffeting to an extent. I have the light tint and quite like the look. I only had any real issues with consistent illegal Aus speed and the screen takes some pressure off the arms trying to hang on at 110kmh plus. The big win was the collection of bugs. Screen was covered in bugs; visor was covered in bugs and jacket was clear so does that very well.

#23 ·

Attachments

#24 ·
Hi all,like some members have said beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I must admit most of these aftermarket screens look bloody awful.the design on most of them has no match with the original design /look of the 790.
the pp screen does look pretty good from the limited pictures that are available but Im hoping that they bring out a tinted option because personally I dont like the look of the cler screen.It seems KTM are dragging there heals a bit with the screen
and it looks like sometime in November for us in the UK:(
Just have to keep hanging on:)
Ride Safe:)

#25 ·
yes i must say KTM are s... on this issue
how can you spend years developing a bike, launch with some great options but then expect people to wait 6 months for these options.
The aftermarket boys have managed to get product to market within a few months...............
I do not think KTM could organise a pi.. u. at a brewery. you can wait months for parts for established models and months for warranty issues to be resolved. i have purchased 9 KTM bikes over the last 2 years and am talking with a lot of experience.
p.s. i still love my bikes and love the KTM brand but KTM customers deserve better.

#28 ·
Hi all,still looking about at screens and Ermax has just brought out a new screen which looks pretty good from the pictures.Seems a good fit and doesnt sit miles away from the headlight cowl like many of the aftermarket options out there.Anybody out there fitted one of these screens?
Good luck with the PP screen anotheronetoday.Be good to see what it looks like in the flesh.
Ride Safe:smile:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.