KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my 890 yesterday, went to install the 790/890 Evotech radiator guard - the 'screen' isn't wide enough! Does anyone know if there is a width difference of the radiator between the 2 bikes? Or am I completely missing a step in the pictorial directions? Any help is appreciated...

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
441 Posts
Pretty sure I read last week KTM increased the size of the Rad on the 890 to add extra cooling capacity for the increased engine size.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I picked up my 890 yesterday, went to install the 790/890 Evotech radiator guard - the 'screen' isn't wide enough! Does anyone know if there is a width difference of the radiator between the 2 bikes? Or am I completely missing a step in the pictorial directions? Any help is appreciated...

I just ordered the EVOTECH guard for my 890R as well. The 890R radiator is about an inch wider than the 790. It won't fit. Fits perfect on my 790. Rottweiler said it fits both but that is wrong.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, looked on Evotech's site. They list two different part numbers for 790 and 890..
I did the same - after I put everything together and started to mount the kit! Rottweiler was closed yesterday, so I'll be calling them tomorrow to see what can be done. Not promising that the one for the 890 on Evo's website shows sold out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update from Rottweiler (kudos to Ron BTW, great customer service). Apparently Evotech made the assumption it was the same width. Once Evo gets open again, post-COVID, they are going to get their hands on an 890 and update the screen size.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts