KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Super-Moderator
123 Posts
Been riding the past 3-4 days here in sunny New York. Break-in miles on the new CBR1000RR SP, complete. More fun than I could imagine.

·
Super-Moderator
628 Posts
Been riding the past 3-4 days here in sunny New York. Break-in miles on the new CBR1000RR SP, complete. More fun than I could imagine.
Enjoy.

I would have a hard time figuring out what to do with the SP on public roads around here...

·
Super-Moderator
123 Posts
Enjoy.

I would have a hard time figuring out what to do with the SP on public roads around here...
This bike practically steers itself.
Alll back road break-in, tons o twisty roads, easy, some go left, others go right. 😁

·
Registered
936 Posts
Was out yesterday - and will be again tomorrow. Even if it's only "commuting" - it's all windy country roads - with hairpins and alpine climbs and descents. I wish the ruddy lockdown would end - I need my KTM place to reopen so I can do the final gearing. I am seldom higher than 4th in fun mode.

·
Registered
936 Posts
You probably already mentioned, but why not DIY? Looks simple enough.
Yup but under warranty I am prepared to use them to avoid any issues. Plus my local place give customers a 15% discount on parts. And I need them to get the swing arm bolts out. I have tried everything. The left one is locked in good and solid. I am thinking hard of -1 front and +1 rear. I'd hoped for a Supersprox stealth rear - but not in orange. Waiting for S-Sprox to replay with dates.

·
Super-Moderator
628 Posts
Got it. Makes sense. Let us know how it goes and post pix of the rear, when done.

·
Registered
2020 KTM 890 Duke R
5 Posts
Florida's flat boring roads, but putting in some break-in miles before heading to the NC mountains in a couple of weeks

·
Registered
135 Posts
Since 12 days the weather suddenly step up by 15c, finally!!!! As I’m working on evening it is not down to freezing point at 00h30, so I’m commuting to work now 😀. Also lockdown is lifting bit by bit so i was able to go with friends for a 520km(325miles) ride with some twisty roads yesterday, feels really good 😁

·
Super-Moderator
628 Posts
After 5 hours in the 1290 Behemoth's saddle, two up, yesterday, it was time to jump on the Duke. It's like riding a bicycle compared to a motorcycle. So light. With everything loaded on the 1290, I was probably around 850 lbs. +/-, all in. Today on the Duke -- 250-300 lbs. +/- lighter single and no luggage.

What a difference. No wonder it is called the scalpel. With the upgraded brakes, suspension and ergos, it is one sharp object. Pure fun and pleasure. 65 degree morning and reasonable traffic on the roads. Next week I will get out earlier to avoid the little traffic I had this morning.

Found some new roads. Been exploring lately. Not too bad...

·
Super-Moderator
628 Posts
Six and a half hours in the saddle of the D790 yesterday, on top of new S22 tires... Lots of fun.

Rode with TRDutch and a local group he introduced me to. Not too slow, not too fast. Older group with a very interesting mix of bikes, both old and new.

Other than the blistering heat, got to over 90 and humid, was pretty wholesome pastime.

·
Premium Member
2020 790 Duke
18 Posts
I purchased my Duke 790 last Saturday and I'm putting the break-in miles on it. Yesterday I put about 120 miles on it after work. Today I put just north of 150 on the odometer. Halfway to the breaking miles. The Duke isn't near as comfortable as my BMW R1200RT is. My arse was hurting the last 20 or so miles.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts