KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
My work has been deemed an "essential service" so I'm borked anyway, right? May as well go for a casual twisty ride with the wife. She needed to try out her new levers and silencer in her Yosh pipe. Seems like a reason to ride to me!

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Well since we’re on lockdown and I’m on convalescence i can’t really drive the duke, so in order to have some type of fun driving, i hooked up 2 trailers behind the grizzly and drive around to clean the property with all the Apple threes and cedar trimming done earlier.
2C1A0343-0C56-45F0-BBC9-902BA52BC3C9.jpeg

·
Soopa-Mod
103 Posts
Well since we’re on lockdown and I’m on convalescence i can’t really drive the duke, so in order to have some type of fun driving, i hooked up 2 trailers behind the grizzly and drive around to clean the property with all the Apple threes and cedar trimming done earlier.
You live on a farm, Pat? What else do you have besides apple trees? Sounds amazing btw.

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
448 Posts
I rode into town to @Rick 's garage where he graciously disassembled my steering damper, cleaned it, swapped out the 5W for 15W fluid, and then re-installed it. What a fuggin' peach of a guy!

·
Registered
117 Posts
You live on a farm, Pat? What else do you have besides apple trees? Sounds amazing btw.
It use to be one but the land was broken apart and sold separately. I also have a cherry, some type of a hazel, some big maple trees, a few conifers and cedars on a 100k scare feet lot. Nice but time consuming witch is all right for now since we’re confine.
Sorry for my writing, english isn’t my main language( thanks to google)

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
448 Posts
Yes indeed👍, how does it feel so far ?
I wish I could say I noticed a difference but it was a VERY casual 15 minute city commute back to my house so honestly I didn't feel any difference.

Tomorrow the plan is a 3 hour ride on my favorite roads so I'll have a much better idea of the changes.

Rick let me feel his damper (done first) then mine before disassembly back to back and it was a very noticeable difference so for sure it'll help keep the front end calmer under spirited riding.

·
Registered
131 Posts
15w isn't enough to make the front end lock up, the damper is still nice and smooth by feel. It does offer noticeably more resistance to harder inputs, so hopefully that'll take care of @YoungLion's tank slappers. There's still 20w+ options, but I had 15w already and it's a respectable change to test with that shouldn't affect the bike's flickability. :)

·
Registered
845 Posts
Took advantage of a need to visit the office and good weather to take the 790 on a wee blast. My commute is pretty much all windy lanes and fairly traffic free - but at the moment even better. What a shame eh!. Usually I have PC's and other kit to carry, so need to use a car, but today was a happy coincidence. The new dB-killer look-alike works well. Stopped nearing home to refill the tank. Rode out after filling to find the police stopping traffic to make sure the journey is "necessary". I have a "get out of jail free" card - but they just waved me through.

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
448 Posts
Todays mix of pathetic yet enjoyable numbers:

55 minutes on 2 wheels
14 degrees out (50ish? Muricah!!!!)
40 kms (25 miles) ridden
3 speed traps
0 tickets
1 knee down
1 - 1" (3cm - Canada eh!) chicken strip still on the damn rear tire

·
Super-Moderator
578 Posts
Weather was a little warm this weekend (high 80's), but nothing that will stop from having leisurely weekend rides. NC is beautiful this time of the year and meany days in the 65-75 degree range. Perfect for some back-road stroll around the house.

I miss SoCal. Used to live on the Santa Monica mountains, minutes away from some very exciting roads. Many nice places in NC/SC/TN, but a little further, 2 to 3 hours, away. Probably more suitable for a 1-2 day ride. This one was a 45 minute ride around the house. Nothing fancy, just relaxing.

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
448 Posts
Got my bike back from the dealer after the first service, it rained the next two days so today was my first ride on it since the RPM limit was lifted.

Sadly, I putted with a buddy all ride and likely never took it above 6000rpm anyways LOL... Glorious day though and the bike is now JUST as I want it - dialled the suspension in a little last night for today's ride and couldn't be happier.

To make things better - our favorite coffee/snack shop along our usual ride route opened up this week so we got to sit, enjoy a coffee and pastry, and BS for a bit.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts