KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's running the Powerparts engine spoiler?
Does it protect the sump from gravel?

Im wondering if it actually functions as a spoiler, ie breaks up turbulence, gives downforce or what.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It helps a little with regards to stones but not for keeping rain & wet road crap from getting to your down pipes unfortunately.
Spoiler for down force? Technically, yes, but I would think that track speeds are the only place it might help.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im on the fence with the look. Pretty close to ordering one though, its the cheapest belly pan by a long way, and I like the idea of a bit of protection

·
Registered
415 Posts
It came on mine already fitted. i think it does sweet F all, it actually collects gravel. it may help save your sump if you went over a deep gutter.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It came on mine already fitted. i think it does sweet F all, it actually collects gravel. it may help save your sump if you went over a deep gutter.
It looks like its angled so gravel can just fly straight past it and hit the sump. Strange that they made it like that.
Surely it would give a little protection for the oil bungs on the lhs

·
Registered
9 Posts
Who's running the Powerparts engine spoiler?
Does it protect the sump from gravel?

Im wondering if it actually functions as a spoiler, ie breaks up turbulence, gives downforce or what.

View attachment 4361
Looks like a great addition for protection. This will be added to my list. I'll just finish installing the rack, brake pads and atv shocks on the Polaris sportsman and I'll check out that and other available sliders.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got the Powerbronze looks prety good and should offer decent protectionfrom crud
I considered that one. Dont mind the look, but shipping from UK was too much. Had my eye on a German alloy one but also very expensive, ended up with the Power parts one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts