KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen any white marks on their dash like this? Didn't think much of it until I got home and tried to clean it off with window cleaner but wouldn't budge. Ended up having to use headlight polish for 10 mins to get 99% of it off.

Also noticed the brake reservoir cap was weeping so thinking it's brake fluid but can't see any other evidence of it except the dash. You wouldn't think it would hit the dash anyway and fly backwards as you're riding

·
Registered
415 Posts
Could be petrol droplets, one of my indicators has white spots. get the cover protector on fast. I doubt it would be brake fluid. Ive seen petrol do that on a Street fighter dash.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could be petrol droplets, one of my indicators has white spots. get the cover protector on fast. I doubt it would be brake fluid. Ive seen petrol do that on a Street fighter dash.
It's odd as my GPS sits before it and the tank so you would think it would have got on there too. Keeping an eye on it today.

Others have reported the same issue when I posted on Facebook. Ordered a screen protector but has to come from Germany as I could not find anything local

·
Registered
843 Posts
Order up some "The Last Coat" and treat the screen now it's clean. It seems to keep most things from sticking. A mate in the USA put me onto it. It also is great for KTM plastics.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
100% brake fluid and now I know how it happened. Was doing some Doohan'esk lean angles (in my head lol) and when you take a left hander you can see the very edge of the brake res would be over the dash. Just takes a drop to hit it

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Order up some "The Last Coat" and treat the screen now it's clean. It seems to keep most things from sticking. A mate in the USA put me onto it. It also is great for KTM plastics.
Sigh....just another thing we can't get in Australia from the looks of it. Thanks for the suggestion though

1 - 9 of 9 Posts