KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
a d m i n .
151,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it matter to you?

Does it concern you that certain model KTM's, (including our beloved 790D), are to be built in China beginning in 2020?

I'm clearly not approaching this in any sort of derogatory manner, but simply from a Quality Control standpoint.

Let's hear your thoughts: :wink:

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have no problem with a KTM built in China from a quality control standpoint. (I'm not sure the people at KTM Austria are exactly experts in it themselves, from what I've seen.) But I wouldn't have bought my 790 if it had been made there. Sometimes it's hard to avoid buying from China - the Macbook I'm typing this out on is a case in point - but as a general rule, because they're very anti-democratic, very anti-free speech, have a horrible human rights record, etc - I'd prefer not to send them more money.

No government around the world is perfect, and globalization has made very blurry lines out of determining where something is truly "made", but it still matters to me and I'd rather support manufacturing in democratic countries where possible.

·
a d m i n .
151,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No government around the world is perfect, and globalization has made very blurry lines out of determining where something is truly "made", but it still matters to me and I'd rather support manufacturing in democratic countries where possible.
Well said! Fellow New Yorker. :smile_big:

·
Registered
118 Posts
I am repeating what the KTM rep told me a week ago while he was in our city - I asked about the manufacturing change from Austria to China and said emphatically NO - not for any market other than the Asian markets - such as in SE Asia etc -

The rest of the world, the bike would continue to be built in Austria -

1 - 6 of 6 Posts