KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No I'm not talking about what the ECU reports, which is garbage. It's 50% off compared to the empirical data.

With a mix of city/highway and not really being conservative on the throttle I get 40 mpg = 17 km/L.

If it's mostly highway cruising I get 47 mpg = 20 km/L.

I added a booster plug, which is apparently does drop the economy a bit, otherwise my bike is stock.

Well?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Not sure. But it seems spot on with the range calculations. And is consistent. Next time I fill I'll keep a note of kms and litres. The calculated thing - is off but not that massively on mine.

I have a COOBER in. This does most certainly affect things if one is being "playful". I'm also fairly sure that there is a difference in gear mapping. Esp highway cruising.

But compared to the Rocket-III it's a fuel miser, so I'm happy.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi, nearly 10,000 kays on mine and always 4.4 km/100 litres (22 km/litre). Zero city riding and no commuting in that result. Another beautiful autumn day in Oz today. Gonna do my favourite 100 km loop. Cheers

·
Registered
179 Posts
Riding in the UK over 1471 miles (2,367 Km) from new I got:

65.91 mpg (Imperial)
52.73 mpg (US)
4.28 L/100 Km

Mostly rural / main roads (no motorway) riding, some town and villages - rural roads here have a 60 mph speed limit.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hmmm... mine's a bit low I think. I bypassed the booster plug this morning, we'll see...
I've been considering getting one of those since I got the bike last spring, but I had heard that newer software made them less effective? I don't know if that's true or not. I'm very curious if you notice a difference going back to stock.

My usual spirited 200km loop costs me 8.5L fairly consistently. Stock engine/etc. I'll be watching to see if the 15T sprocket makes a difference. My wife's 05 CBR600RR used nearly twice the fuel for the same run, hopefully the 2015 she got is better.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've been considering getting one of those since I got the bike last spring, but I had heard that newer software made them less effective? I don't know if that's true or not. I'm very curious if you notice a difference going back to stock.
I don't feel that much difference honestly. Maybe a little bit smoother when putting along in 1st gear.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Seriously, the US needs to switch to the Metric system. I'm tired of having to use the converter :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I grew up with the Imperial system and l’m good numerically but l couldn’t imagine going back to it. It almost illogical. But then again the wheels on my duke are 17” but tyres are 180 and 120 mm 😁

·
Registered
415 Posts

My usual spirited 200km loop costs me 8.5L fairly consistently. Stock engine/etc. I'll be watching to see if the 15T sprocket makes a difference. My wife's 05 CBR600RR used nearly twice the fuel for the same run, hopefully the 2015 she got is better.
I don't feel that much difference honestly. Maybe a little bit smoother when putting along in 1st gear.
I fitted one on my 1290GT, can't really notice much difference over the O2 sensor removal kit it replaced.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I found out yesterday that when the range gets to 40km it really means 0m, despite the splashing I could hear in the tank. I pushed it back to my work and added a few liters of questionable gas (I had to ID unmarked jerries of diesel, diesel/gas mix from customer mistakes, rotten gas, maybe gas?).

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
427 Posts
I found out yesterday that when the range gets to 40km it really means 0m, despite the splashing I could hear in the tank. I pushed it back to my work and added a few liters of questionable gas (I had to ID unmarked jerries of diesel, diesel/gas mix from customer mistakes, rotten gas, maybe gas?).
Very odd, I've ran it much lower then 40km range displayed and have never had an issue - and can still only squeeze in 1-2L less than claimed tank capacity.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am getting around 20-21 KMPL in the city and 26-30 on the highway depending on how i am riding.

It did show me an abysmal figure like 13-14 on the day i rode it home from the dealership.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts