KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
VIP member
400 Posts
OMG! Is that the NY state registration sticker or some kind of parking pass? I wonder if it helps minimize stiction.

·
A d m i n .
151,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OMG! Is that the NY state registration sticker or some kind of parking pass? I wonder if it helps minimize stiction.
Thank you! I sent it to a bunch of my moto riding buds, and no one else noticed that!

It's a New York State Inspection sticker, adhered to, (you got it right), the moving part of the Ohlins fork tube. It's being sold by a wholesaler of sorts, guessing they're not a motorcycle dealership. Do you think it could wreck the fork seal? That was my first thought. :grin:

·
136 Posts
Just bump up the preload and compression damping to keep the fork from traveling that far.

That was a great catch. It took me five minutes AFTER knowing what I was looking for to find it.

·
A d m i n .
151,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just bump up the preload and compression damping to keep the fork from traveling that far.

That was a great catch. It took me five minutes AFTER knowing what I was looking for to find it.
It looks like it’s taking up near half of the fork travel, can’t be good.

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
Hahahaha, by the angle I thought it was one of those mini sportbikes. I would have never caught that! I never had to put a state inspection sticker on!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts