KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Super-Member
600 Posts
I run Sport mode most of the time- gives me the response I want- and compared to the 690, the fueling is as smooth as silk. Tried street- found it a bit lacking. I try not to ride in the rain unless I get caught out.

I guess I will have to try track mode up in the mountains one of these days.

g

Couldn't agree more!! I typically run Sport mode also as I like the response. I have found though at lower RPMs in Sport, seems like the engine is much more jerky. If I am tooling around or just running out, or a ride into work, I will use street. I am dying to hit my 660 mi to open up the full track mode.

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Have used rain mode on the one day I was out in heavy rain as I didn't know whether the Maxxis tyres would get enough heat in them to stick properly. Worked well and no dramas at all. For the rest of the time, I'm in Sport mode unless in city riding where it's a bit snatchier than I like. Build version 00.17

·
Registered
228 Posts
I use rainmode while commuting, otherwise trackmode with throttle response set on: street. Slip-control 5 downwards (depending if riding street or on track/ weather/ pavement condition). Not a big fan of sport/ track initial throttle response feeling. Very snatchy, especially when back on the throttle while cornering (after that great delivery). Pretty sure custom fuel map or acra full exhaust+ map would fix this.

·
Super-Member
600 Posts
I use rainmode while commuting, otherwise trackmode with throttle response set on: street. Slip-control 5 downwards (depending if riding street or on track/ weather/ pavement condition). Not a big fan of sport/ track initial throttle response feeling. Very snatchy, especially when back on the throttle while cornering (after that great delivery). Pretty sure custom fuel map or acra full exhaust+ map would fix this.
I've noticed that type of response as well in cornering. I will have to try the track mode with street and slip 5.

AMatu, do you see better fuel economy while commuting in rain mode over street mode? I usually commute in street.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I've noticed that type of response as well in cornering. I will have to try the track mode with street and slip 5.

AMatu, do you see better fuel economy while commuting in rain mode over street mode? I usually commute in street.

I haven't noticed a big difference in fuel economy between those two modes, But im sure rain mode has slightly better fuel economy because it only gives around 10% power in the beginning of the throttle application.

·
Super-Member
600 Posts
I'll give it a go and try to compare when I start riding in on a more regular basis. I would like to agree with you, however, I feel like the lack of throttle response on initial would cause me to crank it even harder!

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'll give it a go and try to compare when I start riding in on a more regular basis. I would like to agree with you, however, I feel like the lack of throttle response on initial would cause me to crank it even harder!
For this particular reason I only use it in heavy traffic or while on highway ect... It feels easier and smoother to hold lower rpm at a stable pace in rain mode. I wouldn’t worry too much about fuel consumption-> so far my fuel consumption is averaging below 4,5L/100km-> that is everything included (commuting/twisties/track).:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
For slow moving traffic and mostly in town, i prefer rain, since its throttle response and low RPM manners are much much refined and jerk free compared to street mode.

Haven't used sports mode enough to know how much different it is than the street mode.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts