KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1501 - 1520 of 1539 Posts

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Did a quick test using the heat deflector and Wings pipe - I think we're safe.
I had to modify the Givi rack heat shield as the wings points out a bit
Automotive lighting Motorcycle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

I may need to add some bulkhead shield to the add on plate - already added it to the GIVI part and it makes a difference.
The MoskoMoto spacer does it's job well. Added some Silicone/fibreglass tape under the hose clamps though. Don't want to scratch the pipe.
Reflex camera Camera lens Camera Digital camera Digital SLR

Yup - I have the dB killer/spark arrestor in.

·
Registered
2019 KTM Duke 790
10 Posts
Hello all,

Just installed PowerParts rim stickers, wheels with fresh S22 tires, PowerParts sliders for both wheels and sliders for the rear footpegs, custom KTM logo stickers.

(SC_Project S1 arrived, can't wait to install it :) )

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thanks for asking :)
Very well. I'm currently on holiday, having ridden from Qld to Victoria over a few days, and the bike did everything it's supposed to. The ride is the same as the 790, very comfy, and the engine/electronics didn't miss a beat. The gearing is slightly different in terms of RPM/sound ratio, so I'm getting used to that.
Contrary to the YT reviews (very few of which exist, unfortunately) which say you can go longer without shifting, I find, at least around town, that the engine will labour more readily than the 790 ever did, so I feel I have to go down a gear more frequently, yet when I do it feels and sounds like it's screaming a bit, yet the tacho only says 3-4 grand. That's not a complaint, just a comparison to Ugga.
It's soooo nice to know this one's going to start perfectly every time, and not anticipate a cut out every time I approach an intersection :)
The exhaust does put out more heat, too. Just as well I tested out the luggage setup, because the original strapping config is way too close to the end of the can, resulting in a sight singeing. Easily sorted, though.
It's as much fun and fascinating getting to know such a similar machine to what I'm used to as getting to know my new grandson (who is so stinking cute, BTW).

I do have one gripe, however.
The finish is cheap and nasty. I knew I'd struggle a bit with the semi-matte tank paint, much as I LOVE the look, but not only does every tiny scratch show up, they also go right through to the undercoat (if there even is any undercoat/primer). Very disappointing.
The pretty silver KTM badges on the side covers, which I also like, were peeling off at only two weeks.
The bike naturally got very dirty on the trip down, but I haven't had a chance to wash her yet. That'll be a challenge, I'm thinking.
But overall, I think Witchy and I will be very happy together.
Pic shows the mileage when I hit Melbourne.
Tire Bicycle Bicycle handlebar Wheel Motor vehicle

·
Registered
191 Posts
Um... I haven't had a chance to take her out of street yet LOL ( she's so well behaved in the wet that I didn't need rain mode for the torrential or slippy stuff). Too much A-B stuff yet to even fiddle with the modes. I plan to take a day at some stage to do the great ocean road for old time's sake, and have a play with that though. I did a lot of scratch practice there back in the day, of decent speed limits and tourist volumes.
I'm happy enough to adjust my riding to accommodate the gearing. If I was 20 years younger I might have thought about it ;)

·
Registered
280 Posts
PCV installed, Rottweiler race map loaded. Hoping that smooths things out! I didn't like the idea of using the tap connectors for the TPS so I joined in some wires my way and added a Deutsch connection. Sealed or no deal.

1501 - 1520 of 1539 Posts