KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1361 - 1380 of 1399 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys! I'm planning to buy fresh kit of spockets + chain . Something like this Supersprox Sprocket & DID Chain Complete Kit / 125-890cc
Could someone tell stock # of teeth for a front and rear spocket?

Also what will I gain/loose if I go with a different # of teeth?
Theoretically I do understand the principle)) It will be the same as with the gears on the bike but what about practice? Or should I stick to stock?

·
Super Moderator
1,190 Posts
Hey guys! I'm planning to buy fresh kit of spockets + chain . Something like this Supersprox Sprocket & DID Chain Complete Kit / 125-890cc

Theoretically I do understand the principle)) It will be the same as with the gears on the bike but what about practice? Or should I stick to stock?
Welcome to the forum.

Before you proceed with your drivetrain decisions, you might want to look at this: -1 tooth, front sprocket

·
Premium Member
140 Posts

Get intimate with the bike.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Share what you did to your KTM 790 Duke with the community!

Example: Took my KTM 790 Duke in to service today for an oil change. Can't wait till she gets broken in.

Example: Gave my KTM 790 Duke a nice wash followed by a coat of wax for protection.

Example: Installed new lever guards :)

Anything goes....
One thing I don’t look forward to is keeping my bike clean and shiny, I’d prefer to ride but then I need to care for it to take care of me, i.e. tire pressure, chain lube and adjustment, oil and coolant levels, etc.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,190 Posts
Installed different decal set today on my 2019 blk 790 with matte black tank, clear coated shrouds and reverse orange 2020 790 decals shroud set.
That's a lot of Bilng for such a small bike ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,190 Posts
Similar situation...

·
Registered
41 Posts
As it was dry and above zero degrees for a change I managed to get out and test my newly installed Andreani cartridge kit and Nitron N2 shock.

Initial thoughts are that it is firmer but certainly soaks up bumps a lot better, a lot less dive on the front under braking, although I may reduce the compression damping a bit on the front just to soften the feel sightly.

Front and rear were both ordered for my weight and they seem to be sprung spot on.

Hopefully my heated grips should arrive soon, my fingers were getting a bit numb by the time I got home.

·
Super Moderator
1,190 Posts
Installed a PCV. Too wet to test tide, unfortunately.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've ordered new EBC pads but thought I'd test this approach out with the OEMS after seeing lots of debate on forums etc about the validity of the method.

For what it's worth I've found that my rear brake has become a bit spongy in recent months and the front could probably benefit from a bit more feel as well. After speaking with the spare parts guy at my dealer and checking through various forms I decided to give the 'overnight' method (see below) a try and can confirm that while the results are not stark the rear pedal definately has more feel and the front has a slight but definately noticeable, improvement as well.
Note: Before undertaking this approach have the bike on the side stand with the front wheel pointing out to the right to level the fluid in the front master cylinder (you don't want the fluid seeping out because of the angle. Cover the area around the master cylinder (front and rear) with cloths or similar in case any brake fluid escapes during removal. A large cable tie around the bar end (rather than marking the grip) and the end of the brake lever will give maximum leverage. For the rear pedal I used a couple of house bricks wrapped in cloths and balanced against the crank case to keep pressure on the pedal.

https://race-lines.co.uk/bleeding/

Brake Doctor - Troubleshooting And Trade Secrets!!!
Bleeding brakes like many things is a skill and with some modern master cylinders being mass produced sometimes rough areas within them can catch and air bubble which you simply can't remove with normal bleeding procedures. In these cases you can use our handy 'trade secrets' which may well help.
1 Tying the lever back overnight
One way to rid any last remaining air from the system is to tie back the lever over night. Firstly remove the master cylinder reservoir cover BUT then balance it back on top of where it should be fitted so that moisture in the air does not contaminate the system overnight. Then pull the lever in as hard as possible and cable tie it in the ON position (brake lever pulled right back to the bars). Leave this overnight and in the morning release the lever and your brakes should feel fantastic - basically the back pressure caused by tying the lever back overnight will have forced any last remaining air out of the system out to the atmosphere and leave you with sharp brakes the next day. Replace the reservoir cap correctly and you are ready to ride.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Share what you did to your KTM 790 Duke with the community!

Example: Took my KTM 790 Duke in to service today for an oil change. Can't wait till she gets broken in.

Example: Gave my KTM 790 Duke a nice wash followed by a coat of wax for protection.

Example: Installed new lever guards :)

Anything goes....
Hi Guys & Gals, Canuck from the left coast, fairly new here. Scored a new 20 790 Duke for a good deal, losing the BMW r1200rs. Things done, well as one knows after getting a new bike is ordering all the stuff, much to my wife's delight :/
-Ermax nose screen
-Hindle slip-on
-Fender extenders
-Frame, axle,case sliders
-+20mm ergo seat
-Booster plug
-Rad guard
-Bar risers
Think that's it for now?
Cheers
-

·
Registered
238 Posts
Riding it to my shop today to brush off the cobwebs. Oil change, clean the chain, etc. I have some RBF600 that's been waiting too. I need to figure out how badly I want to send out the Powerparts rearsets to be anodized black, or if they'll not be too flashy as matte silver.

Thursday it gets the updated valve cover gasket, I've been wiping the weep every chain lube since new. Warranty is up at the end of April so I need to make sure there's nothing lingering. My updated thermostat housing still hasn't shown up yet, the Samco hoses are holding ok on the stock oval but my mechanic brain still doesn't like it. Factory Pro shift kit is waiting for the warranty to be up.

I installed the RapidBike Easy just before putting the bike away for the winter. I'm looking forward to getting some miles in with it. Riding home it felt like it made Street smooth like Rain mode, and Sport somewhere between Street and Rain.

1361 - 1380 of 1399 Posts