KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1201 - 1220 of 1272 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I put 15T and SSB Crash Bars and Alpha pads on my Duke 890R today. Radiator pipe is a close fit.
These bars were shortened 15mm to be narrower than handlebars and knees.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hopefully be many months til I need them, but I installed KTM heated grips today (an extremely generous Father's Day gift from my two daughters!) Installation was pretty straightforward, made easier by the fact I've had the headlight and wiring cover off a couple of times before for various projects, so I knew what I was dealing with!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Knocked up some Delrin crash bungs for the Givi Crashbars and spaced foot lever tips a bit to fit better with the MFW pegs.

Dropped the pegs all the way down and had to remake the shifter spacer to get it down enough - NOT because there is insufficient adjustment, but because the lever hits the lower mounting bolt for the Givi crash bars. Grrrrrrr. Damn I wish that SSB cage was cheaper.

And readjusted the headlight because it was way low. Odd!.

With 15T front the wee beastie is trying hard to lift it's nose in SPORTS mode. Pure power wheelies - I don't try to do wheelies.

I think it is getting near time to look for an open section of straight - and test launch control. Nah - just kidding, I'm not ready mentally for that challenge.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Got some nice new shoes for my CBR SP, Mich Power RS’s..
Why this choice JD ? I have to choose and i don't know if i will buy power RS+, Power 5 or Road 5...
If someone could help me, I never ride when it rain, I ride sometime in winter but never if the temperature is below 5°c, The OEM tire will note exceed 5000 km and are used in the middle principaly, I used my bike 60% to go to work... I think I need GT sport tires but I prefer the look of sports tires and I would like to do at least 6000 km with a set which corresponds to my annual consumption

·
Super-Moderator
123 Posts
Why this choice JD ? I have to choose and i don't know if i will buy power RS+, Power 5 or Road 5...
If someone could help me, I never ride when it rain, I ride sometime in winter but never if the temperature is below 5°c, The OEM tire will note exceed 5000 km and are used in the middle principaly, I used my bike 60% to go to work... I think I need GT sport tires but I prefer the look of sports tires and I would like to do at least 6000 km with a set which corresponds to my annual consumption
Power RS are discontinued, the quantities available are waning. These are for aggressive street riding.

The way I understand it, the RS's are replaced by the Power 5.

GT's, if I'm not mistaken, are for heavy Adventure bikes.

If you're riding a lot of miles, and don't ride aggressively, the Road 5's should be great.

Personally, I feel the Road 5's are for a heavier motorcycle. If I were to use them on a 790/890 it would be to get mega miles from them. I wouldn't trust them to perform with aggressive riding, but that's only my opinion, (as well as the retail owner of my local motorcycle shop).

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
540 Posts
Power RS are discontinued, the quantities available are waning. These are for aggressive street riding.

The way I understand it, the RS's are replaced by the Power 5.
RS's are discontinued and actually replaced by 2 new tires:

-Power 5 which is a step down in grip but up in longevity, and...
- GP's - a step up from the RS in grip but slightly less longevity (next step up from those are the Power Cup 2's that were OEM on the new 890R's)

Based on @Fred71530's needs - I'd say the Power 5 would be the best fit for a sporty tire thats gonna last at least 6000-8000kms.

Budget for:

5's - 8000kms
GP's - 5000kms
Cup 2's - 3500kms

·
Registered
171 Posts
Track days booked for Aug 2/3, so a bit of time to prep both bikes. Hopefully my Samco hoses arrive from Rottweiler in time so I can pass tech...

Jetta: Installed the trailer hitch so we can tow the bike trailer to the track.

Wife's 2015 CBR600: Supersprox -1/+2 (15/44) 520 conversion with DID ERV7 chain (made it 114 link vs stock 112, for slightly less wheelies on the track). Properly lock wired the Ti sprocket nuts the previous owner bought and wired for looks. Honda sure buried the front sprocket cover behind hoses and the ABS computer, so strange vs what I'm used to.

790: Cleaned a bird poo out from under the tank cover panel. Shop was too full to bring it in under cover while I did the CBR. Le sigh...

·
Registered
103 Posts
RS's are discontinued and actually replaced by 2 new tires:

-Power 5 which is a step down in grip but up in longevity, and...
- GP's - a step up from the RS in grip but slightly less longevity (next step up from those are the Power Cup 2's that were OEM on the new 890R's)

Based on @Fred71530's needs - I'd say the Power 5 would be the best fit for a sporty tire thats gonna last at least 6000-8000kms.

Budget for:

5's - 8000kms
GP's - 5000kms
Cup 2's - 3500kms
Thanks a lot, in my opinion the grip and feeling is a big part of our mind, but i don t want to ride one year with a very bad tyre.
I will try the power 5 😉

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Had a run to Toledo and back. Went to see a mate - and it's just plain easier to use the motorway. Did some normal roads on the way back (and found loads of REALLY bad drivers - scary).

Some random thoughts.

1) My tailbones are getting old. Despite padded knickers , kevlar lined jeans and the mesh pad - it was all getting a bit numb botty-wise. If I have to do "distance", I'll need a gel pad or something. I have a couple sat idle.
2) Dropping a tooth on the front sprocket was a good move overall - but it does make Motorway work really dull. 6th is NOT an overdrive now.
3) Lowering the footrests was a brilliant move.
4) Damn - it's deceptively fast when "cruising". And really ruddy quick getting up there.
5) Front sprocket tooth thing means I have to resync my brain with the quickshifter. Shame as it was spot on before.
6) Oooooh - It's horrid in heavy crosswinds. Sometimes a big old heavy lump has advantages.
7) The sun here is damn fierce right now - I could feel it "hot" on the rear of my calf muscles (no I was not wearing shorts!). Time to see if I can squeeze into the old Vanson ProPerf jeans.

Shame my mate had had to leave, just as I arrived, to attend a family emergency. Oh well.

·
a d m i n .
151,084 Posts
Commute wt your tanker 2.3 liter. :p

Love Toledo, last time I was there wt a group of friends on my bday ‘12. We took the metro from Madrid. Have to get back..

·
The 'other' Long Islander..
298 Posts

Put another 400 on the bike today, ran perfect all day. AND IF YOU HAVENT TRIED TRACK MODE ON THE STREET YOU NEED TO, IT IS A WHOLE DIFFERENT BIKE!!

1201 - 1220 of 1272 Posts