KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1121 - 1140 of 1151 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Got my 3rd left/lower rad hose done under warranty today. They even did the right/upper (was always dry) just in case and replaced the clamps. The new hoses leaked right away worse than before. They have the clamps positioned so they're holding right now, but if they had that much trouble then I have no faith in the hoses.

It's a shame the Samco hoses are all orange, I'd love a black set at this point.

·
VIP member
418 Posts
Got my 3rd left/lower rad hose done under warranty today. They even did the right/upper (was always dry) just in case and replaced the clamps. The new hoses leaked right away worse than before. They have the clamps positioned so they're holding right now, but if they had that much trouble then I have no faith in the hoses.

It's a shame the Samco hoses are all orange, I'd love a black set at this point.
There are other Samco colors available. You just have to special order them.

·
Registered
131 Posts

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
448 Posts
Today - break in new boots (TCX RT-Race), break in new exhaust (El Cheapo AliExpress Knockoff), and try out the north side of 6500rpm finally.

So....

- Boots will be amazing - just gotta get em past the break in phase but already loving them.
- Exhaust - tried it without DB killer in place and it sounds and looks amazing IMO although borderline on the decibels for my tastes. I'll likely leave it as is because man does it ever sound nice now. :)
- 6500-9500rpm - impressive to say the least and even more so as it's a coolish day (15C, 60F) and the new pipe free's up the breathing so places where I couldn't quite get the front wheel to lift on 3rd gear it did so today - likely making a few more ponies and ft lbs but man, the top end of this bike is seriously addictive.

@EvansB2 - have fun Sunday - color me yellow with envy!

·
Registered
845 Posts
I was really hoping to not have to wait, but I can't find black in stock. JD Motorsport from the UK has listings on the ebays and is much cheaper in Canuck Bucks so I may just have to get in line.
If you buy SAMCO hoses - Make sure you their hose clamps. Really! - Silicone hoses will cut if the clamp edges are not smooth radiused. The Samco clamps are good. I mean good!.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Not sure if last post came out like i wanted (still figuring out how to to reply) anyway I gave my baby a sponge bath after going through some bugs fields yesterday on my enjoyable ride and I find out that my 790 isn’t different from any others!!! Here is some leak that we all have or will have apparently.... I’ll clean it up and see how it goes. The output shaft seal and mostly likely the bottom pan gasket? We’ll see ????

DCA38B3D-B544-459B-B8B1-895197AF7FB3.jpeg
DCA38B3D-B544-459B-B8B1-895197AF7FB3.jpeg
57808F9D-73DF-4415-848B-37557135371A.jpeg

·
VIP member
418 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, that drip under the countershaft looks like it could be my bike after Friday’s warranty repair and today’s track day. 🤷

·
Registered
117 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, that drip under the countershaft looks like it could be my bike after Friday’s warranty repair and today’s track day. 🤷
Well, coming out of dealer and dripping the next day should make me feel better ? Hummm thank you! 🤔
No worries, it take more that to scare me. 😉

1121 - 1140 of 1151 Posts