KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

561 - 580 of 1149 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Pipe on

dB killer is still in - as I really don't fancy being hunched over the beastie any more today. God! this getting old lark is annoying.

tbh I'll probably leave it in anyway most of the time as the Spark Arrestor is a plus over the standard pipe out where I live.

Attachments

·
Registered
843 Posts
Getting it on with the footrest hangers was not "Plain Sailing". There are some odd bolt angles in there

Part of the "improvement" is the lack of shine on the Carbon Fibre and the grey-ish look of Ti.
I'm not big on shiny. But equally I like some colour contrasts.
I also requested no stickers - so it does not shriek "look at me I'm modified".

Now just need to find the time and patience to fit the Coober.

Also fitted an STS Brake Module just before lunch. After lunch I slept - Rum does that.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Not sure about other countries but here in Oz KTM have been doing lots of discounting so maybe not selling too many 790s - I've only ever seen one other 790 in the 18 mths Ive owned my bike
It has been implied to me that many of the 790's sold here (Madrid-ish) have been the "L" version. This comes limited to 70kW and can so be further limited to 35 kW for new riders (I think in OZ it's called LAMS).

I've only seen one other 790D on the road and that was in the UK on it's way to Zig-Zag hill near Shaftsbury. But has to be said I tend to ride when most folk are at work and shy from "gathering places". My roads are notable for their lack of traffic usually.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Painted the tank black...looks so much better IMHO. Also removed the stock graphics and created something closer to the prototype lines, just need to add the white vinyl now. Hoping to install my woodcraft clip-ons this evening!
Sometimes I asking myself on wraping the tank in black or carbon ... I find yours very nice :wink:
And the sticker is awesome

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks, it's actually plastidip for now. I wasn't sure if I'd like the black tank so didn't want to make anything permanent just yet. So far I love the change, and I like the satin finish so I might just keep it as plastidip unless it starts to fade. I've had success using it for wheels and you just need to apply a rubber trim type cleaner once in a while to keep it from looking faded.

If it becomes too painful to maintain I'll have it professionally painted, probably in a satin type finish.

·
Super-Moderator
578 Posts
Took the forks off, yesterday, in anticipation for new cartridges...

More details in my post, here.

·
VIP member
416 Posts
Yesterday, I was gonna ride my 790, but when I started it, smoke came off the headers from a coolant leak. Oh joy. :plain:

561 - 580 of 1149 Posts