KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

What Did You Do To Your Duke Today? + Off Topic

436K views 2K replies 146 participants last post by  Eon790duke 
#1 ·
Share what you did to your KTM 790 Duke with the community!

Example: Took my KTM 790 Duke in to service today for an oil change. Can't wait till she gets broken in.

Example: Gave my KTM 790 Duke a nice wash followed by a coat of wax for protection.

Example: Installed new lever guards :)

Anything goes....

#7 ·
It did a bit last night, but sunny this afternoon in fact the low sunshine was almost a bit dangerous riding home as it was blindingly straight into my forward vision. This is the time of year when the bad collisions occur due to low sunlight and dark mornings.
Ride safe those who venture out on their motorcycles.

#15 ·
Enough is enough. After nearly three months of ownership.
Fault after fault, the bike has been sold back to the dealership for a refund.

I can honestly say I will never buy another KTM. The warranty is not worth the paper it is printed on.

I have the following for sale as complete package if anyone is interested. The Evotech items have been fitted, but have had less than 100 miles of usage.

Evotech Performance KTM 790 Duke Tail Tidy 2018+ (Clear Rear Light) https://evotech-performance.com/products/ep-ktm-790-duke-tail-tidy-2018
Evotech Performance KTM 790 Duke Radiator Guard 2018+ https://evotech-performance.com/products/ep-ktm-790-duke-radiator-guard-2018
Evotech Performance 790 Duke Exhaust Hanger 2018+ https://evotech-performance.com/products/ep-ktm-790-duke-exhaust-hanger-2018

TFT Screen protection kit.

The whole lot cost me £285

Looking for £225

Attachments

#16 ·
Enough is enough. After nearly three months of ownership.
Fault after fault, the bike has been sold back to the dealership for a refund.

I can honestly say I will never buy another KTM. The warranty is not worth the paper it is printed on.
I am really sorry your frustration and bad luck has resulted in this. hope you find happiness with your next purchase to get back onto 2 wheels ASAP

#25 ·
That is good to know. I really like the bike as far as riding it goes. Just my opinion but it lives up to the hype for me. If you look in my garage you will see that I own a 17 BMW S1000R. The 790 would not out run it in a drag race but it is a more fun to ride motorcycle. Just my 2 cents.
Thanks

#26 ·
in a straight line you might be right but on the twisties not so sure, I think on twisties my 790 is faster than my 1290SD.
certainly the 790 is easier on the twisties.

I think the 790 is just a great fun bike that's easy to live with

there are faster, lighter bikes but for me 790 is great

#30 ·
Hi all,getting back to the original thread.Not done much lately because of the sh...y weather.Keeping the battery topped up every now and then and just thinking of the next set of goodies I can put on the bike,,,now about that tail tidy and single seat hump:)not to mention the screen issue!!:confused:
Mmm wax polish,sounds like a good idea.
Ride Safe All:smile:

#40 ·
You certainly won’t do harm with extra oil changes, other than to your wallet, luckily the oil capacity is not to much.
Going back to polishing the plastic body panels parts I am going to be using Plexus plastic cleaner from recommendation.
It can be used on coloured and clear plastics including the light covers and your helmet visor. It’s used a lot by the aviation industry but keeps plastics like on the 790 looking good. More common in the US than in the UK to find though.

#47 ·
I added the SW Motech Single Point Kobra hand guards on my Duke for a little cold and wet weather protection. I had the standard ones on my 1290 and they did a good job and didn't, at least in my opinion, look horrible. Since I have bar end mirrors I went with the single point, as SW Motech said they were a fit for the bike. They did fit but the left guard fit is a little off because the heated grip controller is mounted right where it should go. Also added the Bags Connection Micro tank bag. Both are more about function over form; I know the bike looks better without them. Same will probably hold true once I add a windscreen.

Attachments

#48 ·
I also have fitted the KOBRA handguards and they have done a good job so far. I have the extensions also but not put them on as yet. I was also considering the exact same mini tank bag for a forthcoming Spanish trip in April but will see if I really need it.
Function over form any day, and if it looks good all the better.
I see a lot of a lot of bollocks superficial stick on bling on some 790 Euro websites, and little what really adds to the bike stuff.
Maybe an age thing ?