KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2019 790 Duke L
17 Posts
TC was on.
It doesn't turn on until you first hit 5km/h after you turn the engine on. Same for ABS. So if the rear wheel goes loose right as you're taking off it doesn't help

·
Registered
94 Posts
It doesn't turn on until you first hit 5km/h after you turn the engine on. Same for ABS. So if the rear wheel goes loose right as you're taking off it doesn't help
He said he was pulling out to the highway, no chance it wouldn't have been on by then imo, it's really a few seconds
I'm surprised TC didn't save him tbh, I forgot it on 4 in track mode with rain and it kicked in perfectly on a turn where I lost traction once (and a few other times), I suppose if the road is slippery enough you are going down regardless whether the wheel is spinning or not?

·
Registered
2021 KTM Duke 890R
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
He said he was pulling out to the highway, no chance it wouldn't have been on by then imo, it's really a few seconds
I'm surprised TC didn't save him tbh, I forgot it on 4 in track mode with rain and it kicked in perfectly on a turn where I lost traction once (and a few other times), I suppose if the road is slippery enough you are going down regardless whether the wheel is spinning or not?
It was just a few seconds as I pulled away from the restaurant on to the road. The parking stall was perpendicular to the road about 4 feet from the edge of the road. I turning left on to the road. I’m convinced I hit some oil. It just slid out from underneath me. I was not hard on the throttle.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm surprised at the damage to be honest. For a low-speed crash, you ended up with quite the rash everywhere. And even the subframe :oops:. You would expect the passenger pegs to save that area.
I had a crash two years ago around these months because I went into the corner as if it was still summer. Lowsided around 70 km/h (45 mph) but I just damaged the bar end mirror, passenger pegs and shift lever. Everything else went unscratched to my surprise. But that's probably because the bike was pretty much sliding on top of my leg until we stopped in a grass field.

Good thing you could continue riding ;)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts