KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone who is interested in the nrc tail tidy I have some words of warning and tips on the installation.

First off, lets be clear. It IS the most aesthetic tail tidy available for use right now but at $200 it is pretty over priced when considering:

*the craftsmanship
*the included hardware
*instructions

The craftsman ship:

Everything looks and feel solid lets make no mistake. However, The LED strips in the housings do NOT line up perfectly and is noticeable. Furthermore the paint finish will come off extremely easily so be careful with handling tools around it.

The included hardware:

-The included bolts are the same size as our stock ones which is bullshit considering they use spaces leaving little thread left to go into the bike. Furthermore they dont even fit the fucking product. They use a flanged head and it wont fit.
-the included spacers are inadequate to install the lights straight. They need to be longer. What I ended up doing was going to autozone and using m6 x 25mm bolts with 3 nuts as spacers for the lights and using the stock spacer with m6 x 20mm bolts for the plate holder (mine is tucked)
-I find this to be the most unacceptable aspect of the whole kit.

The instructions:

-NOT EVEN INCLUDED, must go on website to download and are total ****.

Overall I love the look but it was a massive PITA to install and for the price i expected better, heed my words if you decide to install this kit. That being said it looks amazing but how will it hold up only time will tell. The best install instructions are on youtube

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
Ouch! Sorry for the trouble but excellent write up and advice! If I were in the market at this point, I would absolutely steer clear of the NRC just based on your write up. It does look good though!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Figured out the issue. They assembled the parts wrong from the factory. The top plate of the top light is swapped with the lower light. If you match up to the instructions you can see what i mean. I swapped the plates and installed with all factory hardware and fit was good. Still sloppy for them to do that.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts