KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
I don't think you need to have the dealer swap it to LEDs. That trick only works for the Euro lights. I had them do it as I had to bring my bike in for the annual inspection that we have to do in this state. I don't even know if they left it on LEDs or swapped it back.

Either two 20 ohm resistors or four 10 ohm. Don't buy the Rizoma resistors as they are the wrong impedance. I only used the connectors off of he Rezoma resistors as they plug right in to the KTM harness but you can probably find those for cheaper at an auto parts store.
I too have had the dealership turn on the LED. I'll try the 20 ohm resister on each rear light and report back. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I don't think you need to have the dealer swap it to LEDs. That trick only works for the Euro lights. I had them do it as I had to bring my bike in for the annual inspection that we have to do in this state. I don't even know if they left it on LEDs or swapped it back.

Either two 20 ohm resistors or four 10 ohm. Don't buy the Rizoma resistors as they are the wrong impedance. I only used the connectors off of he Rezoma resistors as they plug right in to the KTM harness but you can probably find those for cheaper at an auto parts store.
Hey MaddMike: Are you using 20 ohm 1 watt resistors?

·
Registered
3 Posts
See my Yoshimura Tail Tidy install. A lot of people prefer the tail tidy that encloses the wiring. My wiring is tucked up and out of the way. I have the turn signals positioned away from the path of the exhaust. Yes I do have resistors installed. Since I have LED turn signals in front as well.

View attachment 7972

nice! Do you happen to know of a turn signal break Inter ágríate rear light?

41 - 46 of 46 Posts