KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
A d m i n .
151,129 Posts
As per title, is the first service free and if not how much does it generally cost?
"We're not here because we're free, we're here because we're Not free.." Sorry quote stuck in my head. :smile:

I'm just guessing of course, but being there is an oil & filter change involved in the FS, (among other things), it's not going to be gratis.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Probably not unless you agreed it when signing on the dotted line. Think mine was £210

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
"We're not here because we're free, we're here because we're Not free.." Sorry quote stuck in my head. :smile:

I'm just guessing of course, but being there is an oil & filter change involved in the FS, (among other things), it's not going to be gratis.

Hahahaha, who's Wheaties did you piss in that day when the dealer told you that?!

·
A d m i n .
151,129 Posts
£210 for a few litres of oil and a filter, you're having a giraffe :surprise::devil::devil:
:grin:

One does have to keep in mind, that many need(ed), little tweaks, like valve cover gaskets, shifting alignment, FI adjustments, Counter shaft sprocket seal replacement, brakes bled, and like a dozen possible other "tweaks". While some are luckier, and needed little, others needed a bit more love for their first few services. :smile_big:

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
:grin:

One does have to keep in mind, that many need(ed), little tweaks, like valve cover gaskets, shifting alignment, FI adjustments, Counter shaft sprocket seal replacement, brakes bled, and like a dozen possible other "tweaks". While some are luckier, and needed little, others needed a bit more love for their first few services. :smile_big:
I guess I can attest to this. Agreed. They adjusted all sorts of things on mine for first service.

·
A d m i n .
151,129 Posts
Also, keep in mind, that other than the oil change, most all those little tweaks, or repairs, are covered under warranty, so you're really only paying for an inspection, oil & filt change..

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
I could see maybe $50 difference, but 2x ? I need to get to a mirror and see if I have SUCKER tattooed on my forehead.

OR, maybe they go that extra mile... you know, hug it and give it kisses as they work.
Hahahahahaha. I'm still laughing!

Mine was around $300 US
I guess I came away reasonable! I thought it should be more in the range of $150 or so tops.

·
Registered
123 Posts
It is what it is, it's still a fraction of a 390's first service! I think mine was less than they charged for first service on my Suzuki DR650, big bulletproof aircooled single dual sport.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts