KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else experiencing loss in tyre pressure? Like 8-10 psi over a week or so front and rear. I will check the valves which hopefully will solve it or porous wheels maybe.

·
Super-Member
595 Posts
I haven't had any issues with loss. Have about 800 mi on the bike now and check every week or so. Check the bead seal...maybe they fit it dry?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't had any issues with loss. Have about 800 mi on the bike now and check every week or so. Check the bead seal...maybe they fit it dry?
Changed the valve cores so I’ll keep an eye on it for a bit see what happens.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Anyone else experiencing loss in tyre pressure? Like 8-10 psi over a week or so front and rear. I will check the valves which hopefully will solve it or porous wheels maybe.
I was told by an older rider that often new bikes have the tyres fitted dry & therefore they don't 'seat' against the rim properly. The inference being to remove and refit them using the 'wet' method which helps them seal more fully around the entire circumference of the rim.

Reactions: Chic

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No joy with valve cores so new valves fitted the originals didn’t seem to be seated properly so hopefully sorted out now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts