KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
2020 790 Duke
Discussion Starter #1
When riding down a long strait stretch of road I noticed that the Dash appears to be twisted slightly to the left or counter clockwise.

The amount of twist is subtle but noticeable.

Curious if anyone else has seen this on their 790?

Registered
No, mine looks centered.
Maybe yours got nuged by something and you can just give is a gentile wiggle back to center.

Registered
Yep, I noticed the same thing, spent quite a few hours measuring the bike but couldn't find anything wrong. Then I took my other bike (KTM Adv) for a ride and noticed the same thing happening.
Did some research and found that it is to do with road camber, you are in the US so you steer slightly to the left, I am in Australia so steer slightly to the right. The more camber and the faster you ride makes it more noticeable. Also notice that one side of the tyre will wear more than the other, lhs for US, rhs for me.

Registered
2020 790 Duke
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, I noticed the same thing, spent quite a few hours measuring the bike but couldn't find anything wrong. Then I took my other bike (KTM Adv) for a ride and noticed the same thing happening.
Did some research and found that it is to do with road camber, you are in the US so you steer slightly to the left, I am in Australia so steer slightly to the right. The more camber and the faster you ride makes it more noticeable. Also notice that one side of the tyre will wear more than the other, lhs for US, rhs for me.
Very interesting. Think I will test this theory on my next ride.

I will ride on the wrong/other side of the road to see if the bias shifts to the right.

Bias shifts to the right, now that sure sounds political!!!:rolleyes:

Registered
2020 790 Duke
Discussion Starter #5
Finally did some precision measuring and discovered the whole front unit is a tad askew.

Forks and triple clamps are in plumb but the headlight/dash has a slight twist to the left/counter clockwise as viewed from the seat and above.

Or to put in Seaman's vernacular, "She has a slight list towards the port side."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts