KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I noticed that for 3 times already in 800km with this motorcycle the counter 1 and 2 resets for no reason, its all ok when I shut it down, but on the day after when turning on the motorcycle "pum, zero". The odd thing is that when I reset it manually every parameter of the trip gets zeroed, but when this issue happens, only the counter gets reset. The consumption, trip time and avg speed does not reset. So the bike shows 0km traveled in 48 minutes, avg speed of 55km/h.

Anyone had this issue? How is it solved?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had mine reset itself, I don't really use it, but I was using it as the odometer. I can't believe there is no way to have the odometer show up on the main screen.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Same for me - I’ve tried using it to track last chain lube but it resets for no reason after 1000+ kms

Tom in Sydney

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
I had mine reset itself, I don't really use it, but I was using it as the odometer. I can't believe there is no way to have the odometer show up on the main screen.

I agree 100%. I hate that it is only the trip.

Fortunately mine hasn't reset like you all are explaining. I haven't been using it for a while but I do use the Trip 2 for service tracking. Maybe the software needs an update?

·
Registered
75 Posts
+1 I was on trip this weekend. Reset both before starting so I could track weekend mile. We t to check and soon as i went in to trip one was on 0 miles, so I check trip 2 and its zero miles. Strange, first time I noticed

·
Registered
140 Posts
i can't confirm but i think i had something similar. I topped the battery up (with trickle charger) and it hasn't happened since.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Happened to me last week too. When they updated the ECU I lost both trip 1 and 2 but the total odo reading info is still retained if you look through info in the menu. I just hope the service intervals still come up/warn you when due.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had this problem when I first got my 790, I thought it was a software issue so I asked my dealer to update the software from 0.17 version. They unfortunately bricked my Dash when doing the update, so I got a new dash with version 1.00 of the dash software, and 1 year later its never happened again, so I don't know whether its a hardware or software problem. The first thing to do is make sure your running the latest version of the Dash software (1.00 I would guess) and see if that fixes the problem.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I had this problem when I first got my 790, I thought it was a software issue so I asked my dealer to update the software from 0.17 version. They unfortunately bricked my Dash when doing the update, so I got a new dash with version 1.00 of the dash software, and 1 year later its never happened again, so I don't know whether its a hardware or software problem. The first thing to do is make sure your running the latest version of the Dash software (1.00 I would guess) and see if that fixes the problem.
Hey friend, can you please tell me how can you check what dash version are you running?

Yesterday I went to the shop for the 1st service (1000km) they told me they would try to update the dash, however KTM does not advise to do this, because sometimes the dash gets bricked. Can not tell if its fixed already tho.

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
Hey friend, can you please tell me how can you check what dash version are you running?

Yesterday I went to the shop for the 1st service (1000km) they told me they would try to update the dash, however KTM does not advise to do this, because sometimes the dash gets bricked. Can not tell if its fixed already tho.

You should be able to go to the settings menu under the motorcycle tab and pull up the bike information.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Happened to me today 2600km under trip 1 now trip 1 and 2 showing the same trip data since it reset of about 15km. Running 0.17 firmware . It happened when I must have been the last km of fuel left in the tank to the gas station. It had fuel distance left reading 0km for ages but managed to get to gas station within the next 18km with it saying 0km fuel left whole time trip data still fine at this point . Filled her up and turned on and everything was gone all trip data reset to 0km . I just posted about the fuel distance clock saying 0km left incase that was what triggered the reset although it shouldn't make a difference, but curious if others got there's reset when running ridiculously low on fuel .

·
Registered
92 Posts
curious if others got there's reset when running ridiculously low on fuel .
Good point - when both my trips reset, the fuel guage had turned orange, and the "low fuel" warning had shown on the dash. Not sure if it happened at that exact moment, but those events had certainly occurred, and then I noticed it had reset when I was at the gas station. BTW, I've been running firmware 1.0 since the bike was brand new, so it doesn't seem to be related to firmware version.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Guys your bikes are under warranty, please go to the dealership and file a complaint. If we do this, KTM is forced to look into it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Update software 01.02 same issue, next time I go in for dealer work will report but not making a special trip to dealer for just this.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Update software 01.02 same issue, next time I go in for dealer work will report but not making a special trip to dealer for just this.
You should complain, the dealers asked the supplier, and the supplier asked KTM. KTM said they have no complains so far, and say this is an unknown issue. They are probably protecting themselves... I don't believe this is not a common problem.

Happened again to me after 800KM without happening. (2 times in 2 days)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts