KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Super-Moderator
717 Posts
Here is the video from 4th track-day back in June. Like I stated before the quality is poor, I only had my secondary camera with. This is why I kept it short. I apologise for the quality.
Hope you enjoy!:smile:
https://youtu.be/H7Nk9l-gYk0
Nice video, man. Really like your corner speed :smile_big:

Reactions: AMatu

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
So finally after a whole month waiting for my first major upgrades, I was able to take Dr.O 2.0 to the track, the breaking in/feeling in the upgrades was going great until I was met with technical difficulties and almost a very disappointing ending to the day.
The rear break locked up on me and caused a ginormous slide, thankfully I was able to maneuver it without a major accident.
Upgrades so far:
- wp-apex pro front and and shock
- upgraded front brake pads
- different front sprocket

Attachments

·
Super-Moderator
717 Posts
Nice bike! Sorry to hear the day ended ad it did.

Any impressions on the WP suspension upgrades?

Reactions: AMatu

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Nice bike! Sorry to hear the day ended ad it did.

Any impressions on the WP suspension upgrades?
Thx!
The suspension is adjusted for my weight so it felt good, but unfortunately I didn’t get the time to adjust it for this particular track, so it did feel off in some places. But with new brake pads, new front tyre and new suspension I was only off by 1second (2nd session) of my track PB, so the suspension worked quite well. Can’t wait to begin adjusting it for different tracks!

·
Super-Moderator
717 Posts
Looking forward to more impressions after you get a chance to dial the new suspension in.

·
Registered
97 Posts
At the Cremona Circuit (I don't like it much) they make us tape the headlight and the mirrors (or remove the mirrors altogether).

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
At the Cremona Circuit (I don't like it much) they make us tape the headlight and the mirrors (or remove the mirrors altogether).
It’s a general rule pretty much everywhere, depending on the headlight one don’t always need to tape it.
I don’t have any lights on my bike except front blinkers (lazy) while doing track.

·
Registered
97 Posts
It’s a general rule pretty much everywhere, depending on the headlight one don’t always need to tape it.
I don’t have any lights on my bike except front blinkers (lazy) while doing track.
In some of the early videos lights and mirrors were still in place :)
Missing a van I keep everything on so I can go back home quickly once done.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Yeah, I did couple of track days last year having old mirrors on. But usually in organized track days they always ask to tape or remove mirrors for safety reasons. I didn’t know better in the start of last year. After all I began my track journey only last year so I had to learn on the go:).
If one is doing allot of track-days van or any other means of bike transportation is essential and makes it easier. Btw go check how much the front light cost Incase of damage;).

·
155 Posts
AMatu, I've got a question for you after watching the video. Your left hand is up against the inside of the grip but your right hand hangs off to the outside and only covers about half of the grip. Just curious about how you came to adopt the position of your throttle hand.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
AMatu, I've got a question for you after watching the video. Your left hand is up against the inside of the grip but your right hand hangs off to the outside and only covers about half of the grip. Just curious about how you came to adopt the position of your throttle hand.
I use one finger braking when riding track (gives me continuous control/ feeling of the throttle), that is why my right hand is more to the side. Also my right hand /wrist is damaged, if you noticed I usually modify my throttle grips because of this:smile:.
Great observation!
Cheers!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Battle for Europe

After a slight delay, here is the last little bonus video from last season.
Here I'm having a little fun with bigger bikes :).
This video also acts as a farewell to "Dr.O". After 2 seasons, 20000 km and a bunch of track-days, we finally parted ways. If you guys wanna continue watching my vids make sure to subscribe to the channel, I do not have a ktm so I will not be posting vids here on the forum. Thank you all for our time together, take care and enjoy the video!

·
Registered
2018 KTM Duke 790
17 Posts
Awesome bike and driving evolution, good job.
How was your improvement on this tracks?
Sadly you've sold the KTM... which one do you have now?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Your home track will definitely pucker your fanny! The walls and high banks are really tight. The track in your first video looks like a blast! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Awesome bike and driving evolution, good job.
How was your improvement on this tracks?
Sadly you've sold the KTM... which one do you have now?
Thx!
The improvements were huge, I also studied and learned allot during this time. Let me know if you have some specific improvement you want to hear about.
Yeah the D790 was a great bike and gave me allot! I now have honda 600 for track and a m8 Harley for roadXD
Cheers!

21 - 40 of 41 Posts