KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I forgot to add TPMS to my bike when ordering it, does anyone know how much/how easy it is to retro fit? I can't find any decent UK information online. Also how good/reliable it is?

Cheers

·
Registered
415 Posts
I've got them in/on my 1290GT, they are handy depending on what pressure the warning is set at. My GT its 34F and 38R and its ok, but if they drop the warning flashes on the screen, a bloody pain sometimes as id prefer 33F and 36R for a set of sportier tires. But i run the Conti Road Attacks and they don't mind a higher pressure. Its interesting to watch the tires pressure rise as the tires warm up. I have balancing beads in the tires also with no problem.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
I don't know. I think I want to add the TPMS feature after my first set of tires are replaced.

I have never had them as OEM but I did have them as part of my Garmin on a Goldwing and loved it. I guess I like having too much information as opposed to not enough.

Now, it does seem silly that the alert is set so high as it would be nice if they would only alert at something you can set or something really low like 15-20, or disable alerts all together. What pressure would be something so low that it could lose it's bead, that would work?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Now, it does seem silly that the alert is set so high as it would be nice if they would only alert at something you can set or something really low like 15-20, or disable alerts all together. What pressure would be something so low that it could lose it's bead, that would work?
The issue is not the bead - it's the rubber deforming and not cushioning the rim on a bump. The lower the tyre sidewall the more precise it needs to be.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Barbagris-

Makes sense. Just seems logical that there would be no "alert" at all. Give me the pressure and leave the decision of "too low" up to the rider...

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Did some research and found this page out of the manual. Maybe there is hope to not have the thing yell at you if you like different pressures. I will pick this up after my first set of tires are replaced, but that won't be for a while though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts