KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey gang, considering a 790/890/MT09SP, all of which only hold 3.7 gallons. So the smaller 790 must hold the range advantage. Can some of you please post what's a real-world range if riding spiritedly, but staying in the mid range, to conserve fuel as much as possible? Some of the places I ride have 130 miles between gas stations. I used to make it deep into the reserve on my MT-10 (with 4.5 gallons), which was a bit harrowing. Hope it's better with these bikes. Thx.
I regularly do Port Macquarie to Gingers Creek and return (one of Australia’s best known motorcycle roads) without any problems - a distance about the same as you mention above.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Hey gang, considering a 790/890/MT09SP, all of which only hold 3.7 gallons. So the smaller 790 must hold the range advantage. Can some of you please post what's a real-world range if riding spiritedly, but staying in the mid range, to conserve fuel as much as possible? Some of the places I ride have 130 miles between gas stations. I used to make it deep into the reserve on my MT-10 (with 4.5 gallons), which was a bit harrowing. Hope it's better with these bikes. Thx.
I get 320kms (roughly 200miles) pretty much every time I fill up. 130 will be a piece of cake.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts