KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received my arrow pro race slip on today and I love it how it looks and sounds.
Always wanted some sort of wind protection and went for powerparts windshield. But, I didn't really like the clear look of it. Nothing few coats of black lacquer couldn't fix.

Waiting for bar end mirrors now :)

20200414_120657.jpg 20200414_121418.jpg 20200415_200520.jpg 20200416_135518.jpg

·
Registered
97 Posts
Nicely done!

Wow, that windshield came out great! Can you give details on how you did it (prep, kind of paint, etc.)?

I have the PP fly screen which has some tint but I am finding that the headlight gets reflected along it's back side. May end up doing some kind of flat black or gray or something to dull it a little, not sure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nicely done!

Wow, that windshield came out great! Can you give details on how you did it (prep, kind of paint, etc.)?

I have the PP fly screen which has some tint but I am finding that the headlight gets reflected along it's back side. May end up doing some kind of flat black or gray or something to dull it a little, not sure.
Hi. I got this matt black lacquer from amazon and did 3 coats on the back side on the windsheild.
This has left nice matt black finish on the inside and gloss on the front, and there is no glare from the lcd or the headlight whatsoever.

20200417_115048.jpg

·
Registered
179 Posts
Received my arrow pro race slip on today and I love it how it looks and sounds.
Always wanted some sort of wind protection and went for powerparts windshield. But, I didn't really like the clear look of it. Nothing few coats of black lacquer couldn't fix.

Waiting for bar end mirrors now :)

View attachment 4251 View attachment 4253 View attachment 4250 View attachment 4252
Looks great!

I painted the rear of the screen matt black too to reduce the headlight glare at night but after a while the shiny front started to show lots of scratches which bugged me. No matter how careful you are cleaning it's pretty much guaranteed to show small scratches after a while as the material is soft.

I could have tried polishing it but went with cheap faux-carbon look plastic wrap instead - it's not to everyone's taste but I really like it.

Wrapping:

Installed:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi. I got this matt black lacquer from amazon and did 3 coats on the back side on the windsheild.
This has left nice matt black finish on the inside and gloss on the front, and there is no glare from the lcd or the headlight whatsoever.

View attachment 4255
Good info, I'll look in to it. What prep work did you do (scuff up with some grit of sand paper, primer)?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good info, I'll look in to it. What prep work did you do (scuff up with some grit of sand paper, primer)?
Well, gave it a good clean and sprayed 3 times over, 10 minutes between each coat. It dries very quickly.
Next day, used a 1200 sandpaper to remove any blemishes from the paint and repeated the spray process. Got a perfectly even coat of matt black

20200417_142853.jpg

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well, gave it a good clean and sprayed 3 times over, 10 minutes between each coat. It dries very quickly.
Next day, used a 1200 sandpaper to remove any blemishes from the paint and repeated the spray process. Got a perfectly even coat of matt black

View attachment 4256
Thanks great advice. I will pick up some paint today.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nice job on the screen, mine is in the mail and I'm interested in doing similar. A guy on the facebook group did it with Plastidip, I might try that so it's less permanent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts