KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I hated the grips and always felt strange....I go to cut them off and they are vulcanized to throttle tube and tube has ribs on it....wtf

Never seen it b4 and probably why it felt weird.....I shaved the ribs off.....I go do the left side and it has a ribbed tube on the end....I was shocked

So again I cut ribs off but now both are same diameter and grips come with a fat side and skinny side

How do you put aftermarket grips on the bike with 2 throttle tubes? (obviously left side doesn't turn)

Do you need 2 throttle side grips or can you stretch standard left over

Can tube be removed without messing up electronics or sensors?

Found this very friggen odd to have 2 tube and also have ribs on them

·
Registered
209 Posts
Why don't you measure them both and get back to us. Can the tube on the left be removed and use a standard grip on the bar? More info please.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Left side has a single screw holding it on, peel back the inboard flange of the rubber part to get to it. Remove that and the whole grip assembly comes off and you can then use a normal left grip.

Trim off the flanges on the right tube and you are good to go. I've done this several times on Adventures to install aftermarket heated grips (Oxfords).

I had thought of preserving the left side tube and screw fastener system by buying two pairs of grips, and using a throttle grip on each side. That requires the grips to be symmetrical fore/aft though. And then possibly sell the two leftover narrow grips as an ATV set. Unlikely to be worth the trouble.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Ir's not just KTM. Other marques do it too.

BTW - found by accident yesterday - KOSO do CLIP-ON heated grips that run off a USB connector.

And 12V direct

·
Registered
169 Posts
BTW - found by accident yesterday - KOSO do CLIP-ON heated grips that run off a USB connector.

And 12V direct
Hmmm, interesting. Good find.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts