KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I test rode a Scalpel last weekend and it was very light and very precise for tearing up the northern New Jersey backroads. I’m excited about it.
Currently I’m riding a 2006 Honda VFR, which I’d like to keep as a lightweight sports tourer. It fulfills that job very well. No 600 + lb. bikes for me!
I’m hoping to purchase the 790 Duke later this year. I wish I knew if they’re going to offer a version with a fully adjustable suspension in the future, but I think the stock suspension is set up rather well and I can always upgrade on my own. I think I saw a video of a stunt rider from maybe Belgium? Well, he went to the WP factory and they sold him upgraded suspension parts for his forks and a new shock. Has anyone done this upgrade? I’ll look for the YouTube video and post it. The guy also did a video where they put a decatted Akrapovic exhaust on his Duke. It looked very cool.
John

·
a d m i n .
151,025 Posts
Sounds like you're ready to buy one. You test rode it? Must've been amazing, yes? What are you waiting for? lolZ

·
Super-Member
595 Posts
Sounds like you're ready to buy one. You test rode it? Must've been amazing, yes? What are you waiting for? lolZ
I'm betting some money!!

In all reality, welcome to the site. You won't be disappointed if you buy it, trust me!

I'm from Jerz originally. Right outside Princeton. Where about are you located?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm betting some money!!

In all reality, welcome to the site. You won't be disappointed if you buy it, trust me!

I'm from Jerz originally. Right outside Princeton. Where about are you located?
I’m in Denville, Morris County.
Kelevra, I actually test rode it up in Sussex county the same day you were there( 6/15).
I’m getting one as soon as a few stars align a bit better financially. I’m thinking this fall or winter.

·
a d m i n .
151,025 Posts
I’m in Denville, Morris County.
Kelevra, I actually test rode it up in Sussex county the same day you were there( 6/15).
I’m getting one as soon as a few stars align a bit better financially. I’m thinking this fall or winter.

There were only about a dozen or so bikes ridden there, I'm pretty sure I saw your VFer. I had my Ford Fiesta ST parked by those motos.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts