KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

Super Moderator
Jimmies... LOL.

Super Moderator
2018 Duke 790
I'd love to see an updated version of the old 990 SMT. That was one of the most functional bikes I ever owned. 990 parallel twin, lighter weight, and all the new technology would be awesome.

a d m i n .
Looking forward to more info on this 990 Duker鈥!

Registered
Mostly I would like to see the Sports-Tourer version. A 1290SDGT is simply physically too big for me. A 990 will do well here as the annual road tax doubles at 1000cc. No big deal for me as it's a local tax and here the tax base is low. But in the cities it makes a big dent.

From a day to day POV - I have a dilemma. Why have more power if they are reducing speed limits? - Last week they had a "speed awareness week" also called a "fill the coffers week" - If I don't get a fine posted it will be a miracle.
It's speed awareness week in NY too. Luckily, I got off with a warning.

Super Moderator
True. One more reason to ride in NC and not in CA. Most is Ka, here. I have not seen Laser (yet).

Super Moderator
2018 Duke 790
Grrrrrrrrr -

990 is my ideal engine size.

Same, I miss my old 990 SMT. If I could have that bike, with a TFT display, cruise control, quick shifter, and the stability control stuff, I'd be in heaven.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

Super Moderator
Seems like a new 990 is coming shortly to a dealer near you...

Registered
Same, I miss my old 990 SMT. If I could have that bike, with a TFT display, cruise control, quick shifter, and the stability control stuff, I'd be in heaven.
You can keep the TFT ;) - I'm just an old fuddy duddy.

Registered
Problem is: - By the time it's actually available, and has been "tested" for reliability (by the ham-fisted) for a good year or so - It'll be to late for my intended use for one. This getting old lark is getting old fast!.

Registered
2020 Duke 890 R
Is swapping the 1290 SDR TFT to an 890 a thing people can do even? Anyone see that as a side-grade or down-grade? All the videos I've seen make the SDR seem a little more busy, but maybe more interesting and informative?

Registered
I agree with the sentiment that we're still a season away but the delay in releasing refreshed 890s has me wondering. Those articles are very speculative and I wonder how much of the speculation is leaked.

I would love to see a return of the 990. I had the (faster) white SD990 and still miss it quite a bit.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts