KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

You knew it had to happen sooner or later....what's old is new again as a twin and no longer super ;)

·
Registered
2,200 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,586 Posts
I would be happy with one. Will be interesting to see if they can keep the weight close to the 790/890, even with the larger engine. Would love the extra power but hate to lose the agility.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I would be happy with one. Will be interesting to see if they can keep the weight close to the 790/890, even with the larger engine. Would love the extra power but hate to lose the agility.
That’s where I’m at with it, if we could get some more details I’ll keep the 790 a while longer.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Mostly I would like to see the Sports-Tourer version. A 1290SDGT is simply physically too big for me. A 990 will do well here as the annual road tax doubles at 1000cc. No big deal for me as it's a local tax and here the tax base is low. But in the cities it makes a big dent.

From a day to day POV - I have a dilemma. Why have more power if they are reducing speed limits? - Last week they had a "speed awareness week" also called a "fill the coffers week" - If I don't get a fine posted it will be a miracle.

·
Registered
2020 790 Duke
588 Posts
We have lots of these guys in town.

The man you don't want to see, cuz by the time you see him it's too late.

Nuthin worse than the POE with a ray gun to spoil your fun.

Plant Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Gas

·
Registered
12 Posts
After I just bought an 890 they decide to do this to me. That’s ok, after riding it for the first time without traction control and experiencing my first ever near 12 o’clock power wheelie I don’t think I need much else.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yeah this is getting kinda silly, so the ”middle weight” bike is now just shy of litre bike displacement…

there’s always going to be a want/need for that 110-120 ish Hp motor in a fun chassis.

·
Registered
2020 790 Duke
588 Posts
I do not miss getting my jimmies roasted by that back cylinder on those LC8s
I had a 2015 1190 Adventure. Put about 8000 miles on it before I sold it.

Got rid of it for 2 reasons.

You are correct, that back cylinder and exhaust was too hot to sit over in the summer months. Was nice in the winter however.

Plus it was just too tall for me. Got real tired of tip toeing at every stop.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts