KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey Just wanted to introduce myself! Terry from Vancouver,BC, Canada! Started riding this year March!(Not sure why I waited so Long). I have been riding Mountain Bikes -Downhill for close to 20 years and wanted to learn how to ride Motorcycles on and off road. Took the course in March for Road figuring I would be buying a dirtbike next. I started on a Yamaha MT07 and fell in love with the Duke soon after. And here we are Proud Owner of &90 Duke Black Version.:grin:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey All thanks for the Welcome! The MT was my first bike so i don't have alot to compare to. lol The first thing I noticed was the shifting is very smooth seems to have a longer contact point with the clutch compared to MT07 (was basically at the end). The Bike in general is so easy to drive(the term scalpel and precise fit), not that the MT did not drive well. Also the MT07 was setup with lots of engine brake and as soon as you were off the throttle the bike would throw you forward. Still the MT was an amazing bike and the reviews spoke for themselves. I will say the quality of the Yamaha was only OK at that price point sacrifices had to be made. comparing quality and features on a Duke its a step forward for sure.

Attachments

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
With the stock exhaust on the D, I noticed a lot of engine braking as well. Once I changed the can and pulled out the DB killer, the engine braking was A LOT less.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Yamaha has some cool stuff going on. I like how they based the new Niken 3-wheeler off the MT07.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts