KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running the factory Akrapovic Evo mapping with a decat pipe + slip on? I'm curious if it fixes the slow speed surging issue since it doesn't have to comply with emissions. I don't really want to decat but if it means I can get smoother throttle, I will. I have the Akra slip on with the baffle removed now.

I'm going to the dealership tomorrow and I'll see if I can get them to hook up the KTM tablet so I can see what map(s) are available.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anyone running the factory Akrapovic Evo mapping with a decat pipe + slip on? I'm curious if it fixes the slow speed surging issue since it doesn't have to comply with emissions. I don't really want to decat but if it means I can get smoother throttle, I will. I have the Akra slip on with the baffle removed now.

I'm going to the dealership tomorrow and I'll see if I can get them to hook up the KTM tablet so I can see what map(s) are available.
My bike was in the shop for its yearly service and they loaded 2 upgrades to the ecu and its now in version 1.0 and the difference in the throttle at low rpm and slow speeds is much better. Much smoother.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My bike was in the shop for its yearly service and they loaded 2 upgrades to the ecu and its now in version 1.0 and the difference in the throttle at low rpm and slow speeds is much better. Much smoother.
I'm on version 1.0 as well and I can't imagine the slow speed throttle being worse than it is on mine.

I wasn't able to get the tech to hook up the diagnostic tablet this time as it was being used on another bike while I stopped there but on my last visit, the tablet was showing that my bike is completely up to date on everything.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm on version 1.0 as well and I can't imagine the slow speed throttle being worse than it is on mine.

I wasn't able to get the tech to hook up the diagnostic tablet this time as it was being used on another bike while I stopped there but on my last visit, the tablet was showing that my bike is completely up to date on everything.
Could the us emissions regulations be the reason that the bike is not as smooth as european models?

·
Super-Moderator
578 Posts
Could the us emissions regulations be the reason that the bike is not as smooth as european models?
Yes. This is the reason why Euro and US bike have different fueling.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes. This is the reason why Euro and US bike have different fueling.
I was under the impression that the Euro emission standards are more stringent than the US. Are the European models really smooth at low speed/steady throttle?

·
Super-Moderator
578 Posts
It's not necessarily which one is stringent, it's more about the test protocol. It might have more to do with noise than with emissions. I can try and find some information about it to share.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I was under the impression that the Euro emission standards are more stringent than the US. Are the European models really smooth at low speed/steady throttle?
Pretty smooth yes. I read many threads about hunting, stalling, judder, etc on both 690 and 790, can't say either of mine have fuelled anything less than lovely

·
Registered
284 Posts
The guys who I use for dyno work have just had a 790 with full akrapovic evo system and ktm map in and apparently it was far from perfect.

·
Registered
41 Posts

Hi Friend,

Did you do this to your bike? I am thinking about installing the SC project muffler SC1-R with AR headers and decat. However I don't want to spend the money on a power commander and have engine light showing up.

·
Registered
415 Posts

What mode are you riding in, i find the lower 2 modes very smooth around town sports mode a little lumpy but still ok and thats the mode mine stays in, and Track mode is horrid low down around town, and really only suitable for what it was intended for, on the track. KTM also have mapping for the removal of the CAT.

·
Registered
415 Posts
No Mapping for cat removal by KTM.
If you install Akra map without buying EVO kit, they take the bike automatically out of warranty.
Well i brought a link pipe through my local MC bike shop as they told me they have a map from KTM to load in, they fitted the link removing my CAT, and loaded the map, the bike runs great with my IXILE pipe, but doesn't like the stock pipe.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Well i brought a link pipe through my local MC bike shop as they told me they have a map from KTM to load in, they fitted the link removing my CAT, and loaded the map, the bike runs great with my IXILE pipe, but doesn't like the stock pipe.
That's Magic.
EVO software works on stock setup to.

·
Registered
15 Posts
dyno charts

hi,

posted this somewhere else in the forum, but this is the before and after the EVO Map.
Both runs are with Akro slip-on, baffle installed, decat link pipe, stock air filter.

Since then, i installed a K&N filter and removed the baffle, i will do a new run as soon as i can.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts