KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
A d m i n .
151,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured to extend off Chics current cage thread..

00 Honda S-2000

04 Pontiac GTO (Really a re-badged Holden Commodore)

06 Chevy TrailBlazer SS

·
VIP member
413 Posts
Now you're gonna find out how old I am.

1976 Datsun 280Z 2+2
1985 Toyota Supra

After that, I discovered motorcycles and have owned trucks...

·
Registered
37 Posts
My last mistake was a 2016 Fiesta ST. DHP GTX450R turbo kit, race intercooler, Quaffe LSD, Spec3 clutch, stratified auxiliary fuel system, etc, etc, etc. It was making just shy of 450hp at 32lbs on E45.

It was a winter project that got slightly out of control.

·
A d m i n .
151,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My last mistake was a 2016 Fiesta ST. It was a winter project that got slightly out of control.
Mistake? Love my '17 Fiesta ST more than most any car I've owned, (in stock form still). I'd like to do some mods eventually, but only so it handles even better, with a little more torque. :smile_big:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Put a set of Vorsteiner VSF-001 forged wheels on the M6 over the weekend. I wouldn't have thought that saving 15lbs per corner would make that much difference on a 4500lb car but it's really quite dramatic.

·
Registered
37 Posts
hahaha, that's nuts. Can't even imagine how fast that was.
Did you get to do Octane Academy? (Ford sponsored driving school in Utah).
It was frantic, at full boost it would unload the suspension and "hunt" at high speed when it had traction. Think of the way slicks feel on the big end and imagine that at the front end. I kind of got used to it but it was terrifying for passengers, I'll never build another front wheel drive car.

I didn't do the octane thing because a couple months after purchase I had it torn to pieces in the rebuild and after finishing I really think I spoiled what made the car special. It wasn't fun anymore, it was just scary. I continued to pour more money into it trying to stabilize the chassis but after the diff, full bracing, coilovers and changing tires several times I finally gave up.

·
A d m i n .
151,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RAINDOG;9938 I didn't do the octane thing because a couple months after purchase I had it torn to pieces in the rebuild.[/QUOTE said:
Ah gotcha. No the Octane Academy is a free Ford sponsored school, (that I attended last year), in Utah. It's hosted at Miller Motorsports, so they use that track, their track-ready Ford Focus ST's and Fiesta ST's, plus they build a special Gymkhana track to learn specific 'stunt' manuevers, one of the most fun days I've had, (with cars). :grin::grin:

·
Registered
839 Posts
Only ever had one "exotic" - a 1969 Jag E-Type.

I was raised in rural Dorset-shire (and quite a while ago) - so I pretty much believe that all cars should be Series-2 Land Rovers.

·
A d m i n .
151,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Only ever had one "exotic" - a 1969 Jag E-Type.

I was raised in rural Dorset-shire (and quite a while ago) - so I pretty much believe that all cars should be Series-2 Land Rovers.

E Types are one of my fave cars of all time. They’ve really appreciated in value, as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts