KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2019 KTM Duke 790
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gadget Communication Device Display device Gas Audio equipment
today while riding on freeway this came on on my dash,after stopping i looked into setting and see that abs and mtc are turned off i tried to turn them on mannualy but it wont work, also check engine light is on, has anyone had this happened , bike is running normal, any advice would be appreciated

·
Registered
2019 KTM Duke 790
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On the Adventure it's placed on the swingarm and going all the way to the brake disc.

Talking about the adventure because I couldn't find a picture of the duke's one.
thank you i think i found the problem , the wire was hitting/rubbing on the tire and cut a little hole in it, i wonder if i covering it with tape would help

·
Registered
2019 KTM Duke 790
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think i might founded the problem the cable that goes to the sensor was hitting/rubbing against the tire and cut a hole in it, dou you guys think if i put tape around the cable would fix it temporary.

·
Super-Member
664 Posts
I would imagine it was shorting out so you could try that and see. I wouldn't run around like that though for very long.

·
Registered
33 Posts
my dash on the 790 lit up like a Christmas tree once, came up with all sorts of warnings turned out (apparently) one of the screw terminals on the battery wasn’t tight enough this happened after i put a quick connection on for a trickle charger. It went mental but had to be cleared by the dealer.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I think i might founded the problem the cable that goes to the sensor was hitting/rubbing against the tire and cut a hole in it, dou you guys think if i put tape around the cable would fix it temporary.
I doubt that will do anything. The cable may not even be capable of transmitting pulses any more.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Cut the cable, trim, solder, heat shrink and insulate. Will be fine. You can also fit a waterproof connector if you want. Will work. Abs will log a fault immediately if you have a bad contact in future but will be good if done properly.

·
Registered
2019 KTM Duke 790
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i think my problem was that the cable somehow bent outwards and it hit the tire and rubbed against the plastic on cable and made a hole in it, first day i twisted the cable clip to make the cable away from tire and abs and tc light came of and quickshifter worked again, but the check engine light kept on, i got home put some tape around the cable and everything seem fine but check engine light was still on, i rode bike to work and when i started bike after getting off work ,the check engine light was off and it seem to work fine, i'm due to take bike to dealer on next week as they are going to replace the engine because bike had an oil leak and they found out there is a defect from manufacturing plant on the mold that makes the cases and they don't seal right creating the oil leak on some of our bikes, i will tell them about the cable and see if there is coverage from my warranty or i have the extended one, hopefully they will take care of problem, thanks for all the help, keep on riding.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts