KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That is how the part I ordered was listed, Tank surround, but was I in for a surprise. Motoconcepts out of Canada I believe, sent me a really nice twill carbon fiber "tank surround". I must say very nice workmanship, except its NOT the part that surrounds your tank, rather the little piece in FRONT of the tank. So I spent 150 bucks and got the wrong part. I'm just curious how many others would of thought the same thing as I, you see the online pic was tiny and offered only one view, which made it hard to tell. Let me know what ya think? Oh also the price was right in the ball park for the "REAL" tank surround, so I thought I was on the right track.:unsure:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I actually just ordered a new tank faring from rocky mountain a few weeks ago and had a really similar issue after a roommate knocked over the 790 in the garage. Its a real pain in the ass to try and find the actual tank faring. I couldn't even find it on the OEM section of Motosport, and found it on Rocky Mountain. Was backordered for a while, but eventually got it. What should be criminal, was the price difference between the orange faring and the black faring?? Orange faring was $280 but the black was only $150??? Really considering switching the bike to black if that ever comes up again.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got one from KTM Parts Pro for 134 plus tax. 3 to 5 days for shipping. But. I agree about price. I like my all black bike with just some orange parts on it. Levers , sliders etc.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
When you got the new tank cover did it come with the factory "790" decal on it or did you need to order that separately? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
I actually just ordered a new tank faring from rocky mountain a few weeks ago and had a really similar issue after a roommate knocked over the 790 in the garage. Its a real pain in the ass to try and find the actual tank faring. I couldn't even find it on the OEM section of Motosport, and found it on Rocky Mountain. Was backordered for a while, but eventually got it. What should be criminal, was the price difference between the orange faring and the black faring?? Orange faring was $280 but the black was only $150??? Really considering switching the bike to black if that ever comes up again.
For $150 you could paint it any color you want to vs $280 for orange.

·
Registered
92 Posts
When you got the new tank cover did it come with the factory "790" decal on it or did you need to order that separately? Thanks.
Mine came without any graphics on it. I believe that was also something that you could order from rocky mountain separate though. Just the plastic itself. I took all of the nut clips for mounting it off the old one and put them on the new one. Very quick and easy process.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Thanks meldy.

I just looked on Rocky Mountains site and cannot figure out why they list the same part number for the tank surround decal kit for both the orange and black bikes for 2020 (KTM # 6410809300); looking for the part number for the OEM decal kit that is for the black surround, if anyone knows the deal on this please let me know.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks meldy.

I just looked on Rocky Mountains site and cannot figure out why they list the same part number for the tank surround decal kit for both the orange and black bikes for 2020 (KTM # 6410809300); looking for the part number for the OEM decal kit that is for the black surround, if anyone knows the deal on this please let me know.
I just checked it out and saw the same thing...It does have different numbers for the 2019 (what I have) so thats odd. I would probably give them a call. They have a fantastic customer service system if you call during business hours

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.