KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya,

Just bought a second hand 790D - really pleased with it but looking to make a few mods including a tail tidy (one that uses the OEM indicators). I've read a few posts about tail tidys putting the right rear indicator close to the stock exhaust and this has caused the plastic on the indicator to melt. Is this mostly an issue for bikes without LED indicators (i.e. USA spec bikes)? Anyone with stock LED indicators (UK/euro), tail tidy and stock exhaust melted their indicator?

Haven't quite got enough funds at the moment to change the stock exhaust for a slip on to potentially mitigate this problem.

Thanks

·
Registered
108 Posts
Welcome, I would say that yes they’ll melt as soon as you push your bike. It is straight in line with the exhaust.
But some tail tidy comes with an heat shield deflector (like the R&G), if place in the correct angle it will be good. My stock US flasher melted right away, now i have led that seems similar size to the euro ones end i have no issue.
B0A0A124-E235-4513-BCEF-B7AD41FD83BD.jpeg

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the R&G tail tidy with the heat shield and it's not completely effective. I haven't deformed the housing as of yet, but it definitely gets a little to warm for comfort.

My 1090R turn signals are looking like a viable alternative, not LED so no flashing issues but a much slimmer shape to the housing that looks like it will avoid the heat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts