KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
VIP member
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the 790 out for a ride up the Angeles Crest Highway this morning and was awarded a good riding certificate. Because I was nice and polite he only cited me for 63 in a 55 mph zone. (A number that keeps the wife off my back.) Looks like I’ve got a date with traffic school in a few weeks.

My buddy was told to move on to the next turnout, so he took this picture while he waited.

Attachments

·
a d m i n .
151,028 Posts
Welcome Evans..!

Hopefully you had fun up to that point.. Perhaps you can get it wiped? Here we try to get it reduced to a seat belt violation, so it's no longer a 'moving violation' but just a simple, forced donation to the county coffers. :-(

·
VIP member
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I’ll have to pay the fine and then take online traffic school. After that, I’ll have no points. Since my oldest daughter turns sixteen on Saturday, I don’t need anything else increasing my insurance any more than it’s going up when she gets her license. That’s gonna hurt enough...

·
a d m i n .
151,028 Posts
Some of us never learn, 2 biiiigggg tickets in a few weeks s left me nervous while speeding.
Yikes!

A few weeks back, I drove my Fiesta ST from NY to Florida, (making stops along the way), Police were relentless. Thankfully the Waze app did a fine job of pointing most all of them out in advance.

·
a d m i n .
151,028 Posts
I’ll have to pay the fine and then take online traffic school. After that, I’ll have no points. Since my oldest daughter turns sixteen on Saturday, I don’t need anything else increasing my insurance any more than it’s going up when she gets her license. That’s gonna hurt enough...
I gotcha.. Here we can take the online class which reduces points by 3, as well as 10% off Liability. It's a crap-shoot though, as to what's going to be around that next turn.

·
Super-Member
595 Posts
Luckily I have been a good boy! Knock on wood!

A lot of folks here head to 211 through the Shenandoah Mountains where the cops stake out waiting for you to blow the 35mph roads. I try to avoid that area!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts