KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out for a ride today ,done about 30 miles and was entering some slow traffic so went to use the clutch as I came to a stop ,but it stalled and the play at the leaver was 20mm gone from 5mm hhmmm .So I just wound the adjuster out to take it up ,this worked for 2miles and then there was more play so I had to use up all of the adjustment at the bar ,very strange . The quick shifter etc still works great just using the clutch and there is no clutch slip ,ideas please .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did and it all looked fine ,so I adjusted at the lever again and went to get fuel and the lever became very slack again to the point I could not operate the clutch .I inspected the lower ebb and it had all came loose and was on its lowest end .I took all the adjustment back out from the lever and done it all at the bottom and tightened it all up and so far everything has returned to normal .I can only presume the vibrations made this come undone at the lower end .

·
Registered
276 Posts
I did and it all looked fine ,so I adjusted at the lever again and went to get fuel and the lever became very slack again to the point I could not operate the clutch .I inspected the lower ebb and it had all came loose and was on its lowest end .I took all the adjustment back out from the lever and done it all at the bottom and tightened it all up and so far everything has returned to normal .I can only presume the vibrations made this come undone at the lower end .
I had this on mine too. Once tightened again it's been perfect.

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
Thanks for posting this up! A good thing to keep an eye on that normally I would have just overlooked. My cable slackened a bit after break in, but has been great. Nothing out of the ordinary.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts