KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
2020 KTM Duke, '72 Norton Commando, '62 BSA C-15, '82 Suzuki PE 175
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did about 200 Mi. yesterday in North central Illinois U.S.A. I was out looking for a pleasant rout into our Driftless Region. I found myself in Rockton Illinois, home of Blackhawk Farms Raceway.

This is the entrance to the bus stop.
Those trees always made me nervous.
I stopped in to sit for a minute and have my lunch. Anyone else have found memories of this track?

Registered
2020 790 Duke
That's one thing I love about the Midwest. Tons and tons of racetracks and many dirt tracks too.

Unfortunately here in California our race track count gets smaller each year as urban sprawl takes it's toll and new tracks are not being built.

Very sad.

Registered
2020 KTM Duke, '72 Norton Commando, '62 BSA C-15, '82 Suzuki PE 175
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's one thing I love about the Midwest. Tons and tons of racetracks and many dirt tracks too.

Unfortunately here in California our race track count gets smaller each year as urban sprawl takes it's toll and new tracks are not being built.

Very sad.
Happily, this place is still open and looks to be in pretty good shape. I know they do a lot of track days as well as racing. They used to have a vintage fly-in/racing weekend too!

Registered
I did about 200 Mi. yesterday in North central Illinois U.S.A. I was out looking for a pleasant rout into our Driftless Region. I found myself in Rockton Illinois, home of Blackhawk Farms Raceway. View attachment 7060
This is the entrance to the bus stop.
Those trees always made me nervous.
I stopped in to sit for a minute and have my lunch. Anyone else have found memories of this track?
Never been on the track on a bike, but years ago raced many times in a Go Kart

1 - 4 of 4 Posts